MMM-Podcast don't show/load the latest video

• Re: MMM-Podcast dont´t show the latest video

Hey,

i installed the MMM-Podcast module and it works as it should. I can send a notification or simply press a button, and the video starts playing. Unfortunately its the same video since 3 days. I use the default feedURL (Tagesschau in 100 sek.)

I looked into the Podcast folder with an ftp-program an it says that the video.mp4 was created today at 05:05 am. But its the same video as 3 days before ?!?!?!

I looked at the website of this feed, and there are still newer videos. Maybe someone got the same problem or an idea and can help.

this morning i typed “pm2 flush”.
    this evening i checked pm2 logs and it says:

TypeError: this.socketNotificationReceived is not a function
        at Timeout._onTimeout (/home/pi/MagicMirror/modules/MMM-Podcast/node_helper.js:32:32)
        at tryOnTimeout (timers.js:232:11)
        at Timer.listOnTimeout (timers.js:202:5)

My config:

{
                            module: 'MMM-Podcast',
                            config: {
                                    updateVideoHours: 5,
                                    updateVideoMinutes: 5,
                                    feedurl: 'http://www.tagesschau.de/export/video-podcast/webxl/tagesschau-in-100-sekunden/'
                            }
                    },

thank you :)

• Okay… false alarm. Just forget it, it’s working now :D Sorry

• No internet connection? ;)

• no, but i am new to programming so it was hard for me to find out.
    after i checked the pm2 log again i just gave it a try…
    Because it says “this.socketNotificationReceived is not a function”

i needed to change a line in the node_helper.js

default one:

else if(this.loaded){
                                    omx.play("modules/MMM-Podcast/video.mp4", {audioOutput: 'local'});
                            }
                            else{
                                    setTimeout(function(){this.socketNotificationReceived(notification, payload)},2000);
                            }

i changed line 32 to this:

else if(this.loaded){
                                    omx.play("modules/MMM-Podcast/video.mp4", {audioOutput: 'local'});
                            }
                            else{
                                    setTimeout(function(){self.socketNotificationReceived(notification, payload)},2000);
                            }

i think, that the download of the video.mp4 wasn’t set to “finished” from the script, so a new video would never be downloaded.

Anyhow it works now, but i noticed that the “updateVideoHours” function in the config.js has no effect at all.
    The video has been downloaded several times this day (i think 3-4 times).
    But thats ok for me, as the video file is updated also 3-4 times from the website. :)

• ok… i am dumb :(

i realized that the video only was downloaded a few times, cause my Mirror restarts all the time. The watchdog module recognized a few Heartbeat timeouts and restarts every time.

So maybe i need to do some troubleshooting first ^^

• Ah, debugging. Welcome to the live of a developer. Good luck.

• Hi,

I am not sure if I should open a new topic, but somehow it fits here as well.
    My MMM-Podcast does not show any video at all.
    I use the default feedURL like shown above.

Is it correct that the modul does not show anything on startup or is there a picture of the linked video shown?
    I do not have MMM-Button installed, but it should work with “http://IP:8080/remote?action=NOTIFICATION& notification=BUTTON_PRESSED” as well.
    Sending the command my browser says “success” but nothing happens. It always shows nothing.

Can anyone help?

Thank you.

Mr.Coffee

• @MrCoffee
    Did you get it running?

Bild Text

• @fox
    No. Unfortunately not.
    I don´t know what the issue is. The area were the module should be, is just black.
    Nothing happens.

• @MrCoffee
    I tried also to debug this, but my error.log dont give me any information.

Looks like your connection to MagicMirror Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.