MMM-TrafficCal - Dynamically display commutes based on calendar entries

• Module Developer

• @RedNax This is potentially a very cool module, I’m still working on incorporating it into my mirror (I’m not a coder so takes me a while) but I did have a question as to whether or not I could change the module to have a fixed destination rather than to look up from a calendar?

• Module Developer

@chewitt86 There already is a static version of this (in fact, i hijacked it to make mine 🙂 ) https://github.com/SamLewis0602/MMM-Traffic

• Hi, some days ago I try to use your module. I installed everything like you write at your readme file. I create a new calender. But It didn’t work. After some try, I read that it use a new function in the calender module. So I try to change to the develop tree. But after that my magic mirror didn’t start again. So I copy a previous version I have saved and the mirror started normally.

Greets gismo

• @RedNax Brilliant! thanks very much!

• A fantastic enhancement on the origional by the looks of it, thanks for taking the time RedNax.

Question, all installed and configured.

Apart from https://www.npmjs.com/package/request (npm install request)
    Any recommended method for installation on a mac?

Thanks

• @wjdw87 hi, I installed this module, i cannot see any display on MM with regards to TrafficCalc, may i know the steps how to enter info on a gmail calander for MYTRIP and Destination

• @RedNax I have some problems with this module. How should be a correct calendar entry? I cannot see anything on the mirror. This ist the only thing in the log:

received TRAFFIC_COMMUTE
    TRAFFIC URLS: 
    received TRAFFIC_COMMUTE
    TRAFFIC URLS: 
    received TRAFFIC_COMMUTE
    TRAFFIC URLS: 
    received TRAFFIC_COMMUTE
    TRAFFIC URLS: 

Thanks
    Bobby

• Module Developer

@Bobby

Hi Bobby,

Your config should be something like this:

{
    		module: "MMM-TrafficCal",
    		position: "top_left",
    		classes: "dimmed medium",
    		config: {
    			api_key: "API KEY to the calendar holding your trip planning, could optionally be a seperate one",
    			origin: "Damrak 1, Amsterdam", // Your default trip origin. Must be an unambiguous google resolvable adress
    			tripkey: "MYTRIPS", // A keyword to identify a TrafficCal calendar entry
    			chinangeColor: true,
    			limitYellow: 25,
    			limitRed: 50,
    			traffic_model: "pessimistic",
    			interval: 120000
    		}
    	},

An example of an entry:

0_1486889620335_upload-cccf478f-b636-4ff2-962e-f4491bda83f8

You’ll have to run a calendar module with the MYTRIPS calendar entries in it. You can optionally hide it using the remote control module.

{
    		module: "calendar",
    		header: "Trips",
    		position: "top_left",
    		fetchInterval: 60000,
    		config: {
    			maximumNumberOfDays: 1,
    			calendars: [
    				{
    					symbol: "calendar-check-o ",
    					url: "https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/YOUR URL TO THE TRIPS CALENDAR",
    					maximumNumberOfDays: 1
    				}
    			],
    			titleReplace: {
    				"De verjaardag van ": "",
    				"'s birthday": ""
    			}
    		}
    	},

Good luck!

• @RedNax Thx, for your answer. I have solved my problem, my destination has German “umlaute (ä, ü, ö)” in name. Thus the google request did not clear. This is not utf-8. An other question is, what does ist mean “ipv”?

mycommute.commute + ' ipv ' + mycommute.noTraffic 

Thanks fpr your help
    Bobby