config.js help

• Hey all.

Another newbie her, but with some small coding experience. Could anyone please help me out? I Have tried to add several modules to config.js, and with some troubleshooting I was able to start MM without any errors. However, some modules won’t just show on MM. I Had a look at the { and }, and they all seem to add up.

In below code, the MyCalendar works as should, but MyDutchWeather does not seem to load.

{
    			module: "clock",
    			position: "top_left"
    		},
    		{
    		module: "MMM-MyCalendar",
    		position: "top_left",	// This can be any of the regions. Best results in left or right regions.
    		config: {
    	colored: false,
    	timeformat: "HH:mm",
    	maximumNumberOfDays: 31,
    	calendars: [
    		{
    			url: 'https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/d.ics 
    			symbol: 'calendar',
    		},
    	],
    }
    	},

{
      module: 'MMM-MyDutchWeather',
      position: 'top_left',
      header: 'My Dutch Weather',
    	  latitude: 52.057499,			// Latitude of your city
    	  longitude: 4.49306,			// Longitude of your city
    	  apiKey: 9041487188,			// API Key - Get for free at http://weerlive.nl/api/toegang/index.php
    	  showIcons: true,			// Display Icons or Text
    	  showExtra: true,			// Display additional weather information
    	  maxWidth: "500px"			// Max width wrapper
      }
    },
    {

• Try removing that space where i have put a big space here and is no other modules are below this remove { get rid of me See if that helps

},
    A BIG SPACE HERE
    {
      module: 'MMM-MyDutchWeather',
      position: 'top_left',
      header: 'My Dutch Weather',
    	  latitude: 52.057499,			// Latitude of your city
    	  longitude: 4.49306,			// Longitude of your city
    	  apiKey: 9041487188,			// API Key - Get for free at http://weerlive.nl/api/toegang/index.php
    	  showIcons: true,			// Display Icons or Text
    	  showExtra: true,			// Display additional weather information
    	  maxWidth: "500px"			// Max width wrapper
      }
    },
    {Get Rid of Me

• @dazza120 Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. I Tested this, but the result is the same.

• @DaVinki change position to bottom_left And see if that works

• @dazza120 I was just having another look at it, and moved it to top_right, since there are no modules running in that area at the moment. No success.
    I changed all quotation marks from single to double, like ‘top_left’ to “top_right” in the module, position and header lines, no success.
    Running “npm run config:check” gives no errors. Running “rpm start dev” gives no errors. Double checked all { and [ with their corresponding } and ] in a text editor.
    Checked if perhaps the module has any dependencies, which is not the case.
    I have this issue with several modules, no errors, but they just don’t show in MM itself.

Is there perhaps some sort of logging which I can check?

• @DaVinki @sdetweil is the man for that he will be along at some point and he’ll have you up and running

• @dazza120 OK, I’ll wait and see what he can come up with. Thanks for your time and quick replies.

• @DaVinki hm… i installed the module and copied your config and it shows up just below my calendar on the left without any other changes

• @sdetweil Hi Sam,

So, I am not going nuts, there is no issue in the code, but somewhere else. Is there any logging I can check?

• Project Sponsor

@DaVinki If you do a shift + ctrl + i it will open a panel on the right. Scroll up on the Consol and see for any red lines, which would indicate errors. It could also be that there are conflicts with other modules.