MagicMirror² v2.4.1 is available! For more information about this release, check out this topic.
Please read the release notes carefully since this update requires adjustments to your Raspberry Pi configuration!

NYT feed contains some reocurring garbage

• When using the default NYT feed there are some reoccurring useless headlines. I have some ideas for filtering the list before cycling through for display, in order from most straightforward to craziest. 🙂

1. Remove titles equal to “Your Daily Mini Crossword”
    2. Remove titles equal to “California Today”
    3. Remove titles that start with “Here Are” (example that I don’t see value in is “Here Are Our Stories That Won the Biggest Awards in the Magazine World”)
    4. Don’t show titles that don’t contain a verb. An alternate solution may be to include the description as subtext of the title as that often does contain something useful. (examples that I don’t see value in: “Guardians of a Vast Lake, and a Refuge for Humanity”, “Before the Wall: A Borderlands Journey”, “Feature: The Preacher and the Sheriff”) Could use something like this as a parser. May have to be provided as a service as apparently it is 261MB zipped and requires 100-500MB of RAM.

I am interested in working on this feature myself but thought I would float it for discussion first.

• @aaronaxvig there is already a solution for it chckout option removeStartTags and startTags