Please read the release notes carefully since this update requires adjustments to your Raspberry Pi configuration!
HTML Templating System
I’ve hacked away at pretty much every module in order to tailor my display to my liking. While there’s a lot you can do with CSS, you’re limited when everything is laid out with tables, so I’ve found I’ve needed to change the markup in most modules. It would be nice if the modules abstracted the HTML out into a separate template file so that whenever I update a module, I don’t need to do a whole lot of reverse engineering to recreate my changes. Even better would be if you could specify an alternative template file in the module’s config. Then any subsequent update would not overwrite your customizations.
I understand this would be a significant upgrade to the current code base, but maybe something to think about for a v3 of MagicMirror.