Made proof-of-concept for displaying volumio information from the web socket it exposes.
All feedback welcome.
just did a test-drive of your module and I was very impressed.
Looks really cool to me.
If you need any help let me know.
Thinking of some improvements…
- configurable fields (hide certain fields returned from Volumio)
- show cover art
- improved CSS (possibly using icons from Font Awesome…)
I honestly just wanted to see if it was possible. Some ideas:
- Offer in the config a chance to hide/show each element
- Offer an ordering of the info in the config
- Offer class override in the config
- Offer layouts in the config
The CSS and showing album art from the provided url, etc is the easy part. The logic to make a nice configurable module is a little trickier. And of course, all input, contribution, etc welcome. Fire away!
Additionally, would be cool, using pi-gpio to allow button input on predefined pins to play/pause, advance track, adjust volume, etc… Just ideas. Time is the limiting factor.