Which Voice Control module is fit for me?

• Module Developer

Which Voice Control module is fit for me?
    This might be a silly question.
    There are already several voice-control related modules in this project. But I lost my way in the maze after reading the docs of all the modules. I think there could be a better way than try-all-method.

I need these functions;

• Sleep and Wakeup LCD by magic words. (eg. say “My Mirror”)
    • Send Notification to any notification-receivable module by customized or predefined words. (eg. say “Do Something” or “Do Something to SomeModule” or just “Something”)
    • Execute the external scripts and programs (eg. say “Reboot” for ‘sudo reboot’ or “Run Something” for something .sh)

I’ve been considering these;

• Matzefication/MMM-Hello-Mirror : Seemed so easy. But, as I know, Google Annyang has quota limitation.
    • joanaz/MMM-MirrorMirrorOnTheWall : Awsome. But only Hide and Show modules?
    • whyjustin/magic-mirror-voice : Sorry, looks so hard for me.
    • fewieden/MMM-voice : Some functions are suitable. but I can’t understand how to expand COMMANDS.
    • alexyak/voicecontrol : Maybe this is appropriate. but snowboy training…
    • dr4ke616/MMM-Voice-Control : It is another Annayng base.

So… Which is your recommendation?

• I’m in exactly the same boat and would be very interested in the answer to this.

I tried to MMM-Voice but after spending a few hours getting pocketsphinx to work, i found the speech recognition to not like my accent, and when it did the commands didnt do anything.

I’m going to give MirrorMirrorOnTheWall a go now but i really don’t want to have to say such a long phrase to get it to receive commands.

• @Sean said in Which Voice Control module is fit for me?:

fewieden/MMM-voice : Some functions are suitable. but I can’t understand how to expand COMMANDS.

fewieden/MMM-voice

Just read the docs…it’s really not that hard to expand. That is the one I am using for my 32" touch mirror… it works well and easy to add to other modules…

The biggest bonus to me is that it doesn’t need to run through amazon or google server to use it…

Looks like your connection to MagicMirror Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.