Facial recognition: no users

• Hi,
    I am an absolute nooby when it comes to Raspberry’s and programming. I’m trying to get the facial recognition to work. However, I can’t get step 5 from the training model: “Copy down the [‘name’, ‘name2’,‘name3’] part because you will later need it for setting up your mirror’s face recognition and to test your face recognition model.” to work.

A training file is generated, but there is no names part in the document? When I use the test tool the faces are recognised, however.

• No-one able to help me out? :)

• Module Developer

@mc_landin you need to specify the list of users in the same order as the training model outputs in your config for MMM-FacialRecognition.

example:

{
          module: "MMM-Facial-Recognition",
          config: {
            recognitionAlgorithm: 1,
            lbphThreshold: 50,
            fisherThreshold: 250,
            eigenThreshold: 3000,
            useUSBCam: false,
            trainingFile: "modules/MMM-Facial-Recognition-Tools/training.xml",
            interval: 1,
            logoutDelay: 15,
            users: [‘name’,‘name2’,‘name3’],  /* put the list of users here. Order MUST be the same */
            defaultClass: "default",
            everyoneClass: "everyone",
            welcomeMessage: false,
            useProfileSwitcher: true
          }
        }, 
    ``

• @j.e.f.f said in Facial recognition: no users:

your

Hi @j-e-f-f, thanks for the comment. my training model output does not seem to indicate any users?

• Module Developer

@mc_landin ah sorry I don’t know why that is then.

• Anyone, please?

• I am now a little further. It recognises me when I use the test tool, and when I am actually running the mirror, modules containing the class of my name are hidden. However, they do not actually become visible even when I am in front of the mirror?

• Here is my code:

{
      module: "MMM-Facial-Recognition",
      config: {
       recognitionAlgorithm:1,
       lbphTreshold: 80,
       useUSBCam: false,
       trainingfile: 'modules/MMM-Facial-Recognition/Training.xml',
       interval: 2,
       logoutDelay: 15,
       users: ['Sander'],
       defaultclass: "default",
       everyoneClass: "everyone",
       welcomeMessage: true
      }
    }

PM2 logs mm specifies there is an issue, but doesn’t state what

• Forgot to add the errors:

0|mm       |     model.load(config.get("trainingFile"))
    0|mm       | cv2.error: /build/opencv-ISmtkH/opencv-2.4.9.1+dfsg/modules/contrib/src/facerec.cpp:325: error: (-2) File can't be opened for writing! in function load
    0|mm       | 
    0|mm       | 
    0|mm       |     at PythonShell.parseError (/home/pi/MagicMirror/modules/node_modules/python-shell/index.js:190:17)
    0|mm       |     at terminateIfNeeded (/home/pi/MagicMirror/modules/node_modules/python-shell/index.js:98:28)
    0|mm       |     at ChildProcess. (/home/pi/MagicMirror/modules/node_modules/python-shell/index.js:88:9)
    0|mm       |     at emitTwo (events.js:106:13)
    0|mm       |     at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:191:7)
    0|mm       |     at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:215:12)
    0|mm       |   executable: 'python',
    0|mm       |   options: null,
    0|mm       |   script: 'modules/MMM-Facial-Recognition/facerecognition/facerecognition.py',
    0|mm       |   args: [ '{"recognitionAlgorithm":1,"lbphThreshold":80,"fisherThreshold":250,"eigenThreshold":3000,"useUSBCam":false,"trainingFile":"modules/MMM-Facial-Recognition/Training.xml","interval":2,"logoutDelay":15,"users":["Sander"],"defaultClass":"default","everyoneClass":"everyone","welcomeMessage":true}' ],
    0|mm       |   exitCode: 1 }

Looks like your connection to MagicMirror Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.