SOLVED I Need your Help
So, my Problem is that the MagicMirror always says that i need a config file when i startet, he says the same when i use the standart config file without changing. YES i Change the name to “config.js” from “config.js.sample”.
If i type "npm start in the Termminal he says many error:
err: Linux 4.9.41-v7+
errargv “/usr/bin/node” “/usr/bin/npm” “start”
err: node v6.11.5
err: npm v3.10.10
err: code ELIFECYCLE
err: Mmagicmirror@2.1.3 start: ‘sh run-start.sh’
err: EXIT Status 1
err: FAild at the email@example.com start script ‘sh run-start.sh’
err: Make sure you have the lates version of node.js and npm installed.
err: If you do, this most likely a problem with the magicmirror package,
err: not with npm itself
err: Tell the author that this fails on your system:
err: sh run-start.sh
err: You can get information on how to open issue forthis project with
err: npm bugs magicmirror
err: Or if that isn’t available, you can get their info via:
err: There is likely additional logging output above.
err: Please include the following file with any support request:
Now i need your Help.
In which directory, did you command?
cd ~ pm2 start mm.sh
cd ~/MagicMirror npm start
@sean cd ~/MagicMirror
MagicMirror doesen’t find my config.js file. I do it how MichMich explained for beginners, but MagiMirror told me every time create a config file.
cd ~/MagicMirror/config ls -al
What is the result of above?
It seems you’d missed something in installation steps.
cd ~/MagicMirror npm install
Or just begin from first again.
If MM is reporting “Create a config” then isn’t his installation ok?
I don’t know exactly. Frankly said, I recommend install again from begining.
i do it often from begining, but every time the same problem with the config file. I start from the begining again.
- Install Rasbian
- rasbian configuration for the magicmirror
- install MagicMirror
- copy and past the config file and rename it.
- Test number 100.000.000.000 -.-
if you have a better step than tell it me
There are too many points to guess which is the exact reason of your problem.
- Make all the things clearly. All of these might not be related to your real problem, but it might be help or not. Since we cannot inspect your environment, so more detailed information would be better to guess.
- which rpi do you have? rpi 3 model B ?
- which OS do you use? Jessie? Jessie Lite? Stretch? Armbian? or any other things?
- Did you change your account from
pi(or any default account)to anything else? In that case, did you give proper permission for that account?
- how do you install MagicMirror? manually? or Automatic installer? Have you got any suspicious messages during installation? MM needs so many dependencies, all of the dependencies should be installed properly.
- how do you connect to your machine for running MM? via SSH? or direct connect to RPI with keyboard and mouse?
- how do you execute your MM? autostart with
pm2or other way to use
- Have you tried
npm run config:check? what is the result?
- Your first article about error logs seems not to be related
config.jsis missed, the error logs will be like these something;
> firstname.lastname@example.org start /Users/eouia/Documents/nodeJS/MagicMirror > sh run-start.sh "dev" Starting MagicMirror: v2.1.3 Loading config ... WARNING! Could not find config file. Please create one. Starting with default configuration. Loading module helpers ... Initializing new module helper ... Module helper loaded: updatenotification No helper found for module: helloworld.
But your logs were showing that you had something wrong with your installation. So, why do you think this is config missing?
- rpi 3 model b
- OS Stretch
- i change nothing with the account
- I install magicmirror Automatic installer, yes he shows a suspicious messages today if i install magicmirror automatic. He say “Unable to install dependencies” at the end after the error wich i wirte yetesday.
- conncect it the machine direct to RPI with Keyboard an mouse
I think it i had the problem because he displays the error message " Unable to install dependencies".
email@example.com postinstall ‘node install.js’ he can’t intall this
ERROR: read ECONNRESET
at exports._errnoException (util.js:1020:11)
at TLSWrap.onread (net.js:568:26)
What can i do now?