MagicMirror² v2.4.1 is available! For more information about this release, check out this topic.
Please read the release notes carefully since this update requires adjustments to your Raspberry Pi configuration!

Wake MM with pir Module from the shell...

• Hi Forum,
    i have the Magic Mirror running with the Module “MMM-PIR-Sensor”. Until here no problem.
    In the Background there is running the alexa-avs-sample app. Until here even no problem 😉
    But no to the Problem:
    Alexa heres me via a usb Mikro, so this works at every time. But: Alexa speaks via hdmi and the monitor. So when the pir module puts the monitor off i can’t here anything of course.

The alexa wakeword engine runs via a shell console. I can see actions there, every time the wakeword is recognized. I’ve send a request to the alxa Furum, how to send any notification in this moment. I’m shure there is a way 😉

And now the real Problem: What command i have to send at this moment? The command has to put the monitor on and to restart the timer in the pir module maybe via a command to the core module? Or can i simulate an Hardware action from the pir Sensor? Only to put the Moniror on would not be enough. The Pir-Module has to restart the timer, so that the Moniros doesn’t run until anyone stands in front of the mirror.

Many thanks for every Tip 🙂

best Regards.

• Hello
    I think one solution is to hide all modules. Don’t turn off HDMI monitor, your audio on.
    link
    Anyway I don’t know how to turn on PIR from remote shell.

• Hi @kiki99:

You can send the SCREEN_WAKEUP notification to MMM-PIR-Sensor via MMM-Remote-Control (some details how to structure the GET request here): https://forum.magicmirror.builders/topic/6106/use-mmm-buttons-to-hide-show-modules).

If you can get the Alexa wakeword to send the notification, it should wake the monitor as though you triggered the PIR.