MagicMirror² v2.4.1 is available! For more information about this release, check out this topic.
Please read the release notes carefully since this update requires adjustments to your Raspberry Pi configuration!

showRainAmount not working in 2.3.1

• Ive updated to 2.3.1 and it seems to be working nicely. I appreciate that the new default weather module now has the option to show rain amount. Only… I cant get it to work. Anyone have some ideas what is wrong?

This is my config for the forecast below. Its the same on 2 magic mirrors and neither shows the precip amount. Its the only reason I still use the Wunderground module instead, but the icons for that module are so damn ugly and they arent very obvious what it is showing.

{
                            module: "weatherforecast",
                            position: "top_right",
    //                      header: "Forecast",
                            config: {
                                    locationID: "5110302", //Brooklyn
                                    appid: "",
                                    MaxNumberOfDays: '4',
                                    roundTemp: 'true',
                                    fade: 'false',
                                    fadePoint: '1',
                                    colored: 'true',
                                    showRainAmount: 'true'
                                    }
                    },

Please note it is true and false and not 'true' and 'false'

• @yawns - thanks but this didnt solve the issue.

Also - curious why you have no ‘’ or “” around true and false. everywhere in my config all values are quoted this way and everywhere it works as expected

That’s how javascript works. A string is always true, so 'true' is true, 'false' is also true, true is true and even 'MagicMirror' is true. Only false is false

• @yawns True - I always do quotes as a matter of habit and also the values are then colored in nano to make them easy to see. Without quotes they are the same color as regular text

Good. Now with this being clear I have no idea why you don’t see the rain amount. Maybe it’s not provided for your location currently? I can check on my installation tomorrow

• @yawns
    Im in Brooklyn NYC which should be pretty well covered as far as the data, but you make a point. Ill try another NYC location on my ‘minimirror’ and compare with my main one.

• Module Developer

@wesmininger said in showRainAmount not working in 2.3.1:

Im in Brooklyn NYC which should be pretty well covered as far as the data,

Depends on the reliability of the API data.

Greetings from Staten Island! 🙂

• Has anyone found a workaround for this? I plugged in 5375911 for a location which is Murrieta CA. The UI on openweathermap.com shows it getting “moderate” rain today so I expect that the data is there. I still did not see any indicator of rain on the MM widget though.