MagicMirror² v2.4.1 is available! For more information about this release, check out this topic.
Please read the release notes carefully since this update requires adjustments to your Raspberry Pi configuration!

Firing off Javascript after getDom elements have drawn on the page

• I am using Magic Mirror with bootstrap, jquery, and some custom javascript code to make touchscreen things happen on a module I am working on. If I fire off the javascript init function after the updateDom event, I don’t get an error, but the dom elements I am trying to run my function against are not yet part of the page, so nothing happens. As part of the debug process, I put a console log line in, so I can confirm that the javascript init() function ran. The module displays everything correctly, but the touch screen elements do not work.

The module functions a lot like the newsfeed, so after 15 seconds, it calls back out to the server for a new update. If I don’t send it a new update (so it doesn’t redraw the html) but the javascript init fires again, now all of the touch screen elements work.

Basically what I need to know is: where do I need to put the init() function call, in order to let all the dom elements draw on the page, so the javascript can see them? Is there an “afterGetDom” function I can run?

I know i am not submitting the code along with this question, but the code is fairly length, and I didn’t want to paste it. If you guys need to see it, I can provide chunks of it.

• @jetnet the only hook that I’m aware off is when the getdom function gets executed the first time, then you could work with MODULE_DOM_CREATED or DOM_OBJECTS_CREATED, but for me it sounds like you are looking for something that gets triggered everytime the dom gets updated not just once.

https://github.com/MichMich/MagicMirror/tree/master/modules#notificationreceivednotification-payload-sender