MagicMirror² v2.8.0 is available! For more information about this release, check out this topic.

MMM-AssistantMk2

• Module Developer

• @Sean
    After your answer, I’m looking for google cloud amd find out the way to make it support, hi
    Not only Vietnamese language, a wide range of local language, like assistant language
    That’ now MMM Google TTS work ok with vietnamese language
    Tks!

• How can google TTS respond to the answers I have prepared? eg :

• “smart mirror, I want to drink something.” - Me
    • “This is your drink.” - Smart mirror answers.
      So how to do that?
      I have successfully installed the api and modules, but i dont know how…
      Sorry i am newbie

• Module Developer

@t-architecture99

Recommending beverage is not the job of this module.
    But if you have MMM-RecommendDrinks (Of course, currently it exists not), You can make an order of I want to drink something to MMM-AssistantMk2 then, AMK2 would transfer your order to that RD module, and RD can RESPONSE with voice via TTS module.
    So, that feature is for developers not for end-users directly.

• @Sean i mean i want to set default question and answers with voice response (using google TTS. I dont know how to command to create . 😞

• Module Developer

@t-architecture99
    By default, If the response could be handled by Assistant itself, it can response with voice. (e.g : “How’s the weather today?” - “It’s rainy blah blah…”)
    So what is your default question? hmmm… It’s better to tell me “YOUR REAL INTENTION or SCENARIO” - what you want.

In case that you need some extended response from MM & modules
    By example,

• if you want to get a response “Yes, sir!” when you order “Shut down now” (by your custom command),
      • Use custom action instead transcriptionHook on making a command. custom action can handle a simple static voice response.(around 150 words)
    • But more complex dynamic conversation like - “Read me first article of news module” then “New york times said blah blah…”
      • You should modify news module to speak somethings, and at that time TTS solution be needed.
      • And the role of AMK2 is just sending “Read first article” order to news module. That is the way how it works.

• Hello guys, i hope someone can help me here. I found several people with the same problem but all got fixed by the Troubleshooting in the README, mine doesnt (or maybe i did something wrong?!)

My problem is this error:

Error: Failed to load gRPC binary module because it was not installed for the current system
    Expected directory: electron-v3.1-linux-arm-glibc
    Found: [node-v72-linux-arm-glibc]

Full start sequence log:

pi@InfoDisplayPi:~/MagicMirror $ npm start

> magicmirror@2.8.0 start /home/pi/MagicMirror
    > sh run-start.sh

Starting MagicMirror: v2.8.0
    Loading config ...
    Loading module helpers ...
    No helper found for module: alert.
    Initializing new module helper ...
    Module helper loaded: updatenotification
    No helper found for module: clock.
    Module helper loaded: calendar
    No helper found for module: compliments.
    No helper found for module: currentweather.
    No helper found for module: weatherforecast.
    Module helper loaded: newsfeed
    WARNING! Could not load config file. Starting with default configuration. Error found: Error: Failed to load gRPC binary module because it was not installed for the current system
    This problem can often be fixed by running "npm rebuild" on the current system
    Original error: Cannot find module '/home/pi/MagicMirror/modules/MMM-AssistantMk2/node_modules/grpc/src/node/extension_binary/electron-v3.1-linux-arm-glibc/grpc_node.node'
    Loading module helpers ...
    No helper found for module: alert.
    Module helper loaded: updatenotification
    No helper found for module: clock.
    Module helper loaded: calendar
    No helper found for module: compliments.
    No helper found for module: currentweather.
    No helper found for module: weatherforecast.
    Module helper loaded: newsfeed
    App threw an error during load
    Error: Failed to load gRPC binary module because it was not installed for the current system
    Original error: Cannot find module '/home/pi/MagicMirror/modules/MMM-AssistantMk2/node_modules/grpc/src/node/extension_binary/electron-v3.1-linux-arm-glibc/grpc_node.node'
        at Object. (/home/pi/MagicMirror/modules/MMM-AssistantMk2/node_modules/grpc/src/grpc_extension.js:53:17)
        at Object. (/home/pi/MagicMirror/modules/MMM-AssistantMk2/node_modules/grpc/src/grpc_extension.js:64:3)
        at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:711:30)
        at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:722:10)
        at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:620:32)
        at tryModuleLoad (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:559:12)
        at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:551:3)
        at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:658:17)
        at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:20:18)
        at Object. (/home/pi/MagicMirror/modules/MMM-AssistantMk2/node_modules/grpc/src/client_interceptors.js:144:12)
    Whoops! There was an uncaught exception...
    { Error: Failed to load gRPC binary module because it was not installed for the current system
        at Object. (/home/pi/MagicMirror/modules/MMM-AssistantMk2/node_modules/grpc/src/grpc_extension.js:53:17)
        at Object. (/home/pi/MagicMirror/modules/MMM-AssistantMk2/node_modules/grpc/src/grpc_extension.js:64:3)
        at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:711:30)
        at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:722:10)
        at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:620:32)
        at tryModuleLoad (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:559:12)
        at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:551:3)
        at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:658:17)
        at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:20:18)
        at Object. (/home/pi/MagicMirror/modules/MMM-AssistantMk2/node_modules/grpc/src/client_interceptors.js:144:12) code: 'MODULE_NOT_FOUND' }
    MagicMirror will not quit, but it might be a good idea to check why this happened. Maybe no internet connection?
    If you think this really is an issue, please open an issue on GitHub: https://github.com/MichMich/MagicMirror/issues
    Launching application.
    Shutting down server...
    Stopping module helper: updatenotification
    Stopping module helper: calendar
    Stopping module helper: newsfeed
    Stopping module helper: updatenotification
    Stopping module helper: calendar
    Stopping module helper: newsfeed

I Feel like i just oversee something really easy here…

• Module Developer

@EstoyMejor
    Your electron-rebuild was failed on installation.
    If your gcc version is 8, downgrade to 7 and reinstall again.

• hello Guy, i would like to ask you about mmm GAction Register ,i have to do that when i installed MMM assistantmk2 does i need to do it again or skip to step scp ~/Downloads/client_secret_client-id.json pi@raspberry-pi-ip-address:/home/pi/

• Module Developer

@witty11
    Hmmm…? I don’t think you need that step. Where did you read that step is needed? Are you following https://github.com/eouia/MMM-AssistantMk2/wiki/gAction?