MagicMirror² v2.7.0 is available! For more information about this release, check out this topic.

Black screen after Update again

• Hey Guys.
    After the Update i got a black screen and it seems not to be the PIR. With the Remote Module i see everything in the Browser, but the screen shows nothing.
    This is the LOG

/home/pi/.pm2/logs/mm-error.log last 15 lines:
    0|mm       |     at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:187:15)
    0|mm       |     at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:1090:12)
    0|mm       |     at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:63:19)
    0|mm       | npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
    0|mm       | npm ERR! errno 1
    0|mm       | npm ERR! magicmirror@2.7.1 start: `sh run-start.sh`
    0|mm       | npm ERR! Exit status 1
    0|mm       | npm ERR!
    0|mm       | npm ERR! Failed at the magicmirror@2.7.1 start script.
    0|mm       | npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.
    0|mm       |
    0|mm       | npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
    0|mm       | npm ERR!     /home/pi/.npm/_logs/2019-04-06T11_59_36_840Z-debug.log
    0|mm       | XDG_RUNTIME_DIR (/run/user/1000) is not owned by us (uid 0), but by uid 1000! (This could e g happen if you try to connect to a non-root PulseAudio as a root user, over the native protocol. Don't do that.)
    0|mm       | ATTENTION: default value of option force_s3tc_enable overridden by environment.

the complete Log:
    0 info it worked if it ends with ok
    1 verbose cli [ ‘/usr/bin/node’, ‘/usr/bin/npm’, ‘start’ ]
    2 info using npm@6.8.0
    3 info using node@v9.11.2
    4 verbose run-script [ ‘prestart’, ‘start’, ‘poststart’ ]
    5 info lifecycle magicmirror@2.7.1~prestart: magicmirror@2.7.1
    6 info lifecycle magicmirror@2.7.1~start: magicmirror@2.7.1
    7 verbose lifecycle magicmirror@2.7.1~start: unsafe-perm in lifecycle true
    8 verbose lifecycle magicmirror@2.7.1~start: PATH: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/npm-lifecycle/node-gyp-bin:/home/pi/MagicMirror/node_modules/.bin:/usr/local/$
    9 verbose lifecycle magicmirror@2.7.1~start: CWD: /home/pi/MagicMirror
    10 silly lifecycle magicmirror@2.7.1~start: Args: [ ‘-c’, ‘sh run-start.sh’ ]
    11 silly lifecycle magicmirror@2.7.1~start: Returned: code: 1 signal: null
    12 info lifecycle magicmirror@2.7.1~start: Failed to exec start script
    13 verbose stack Error: magicmirror@2.7.1 start: sh run-start.sh
    13 verbose stack Exit status 1
    13 verbose stack at EventEmitter. (/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/npm-lifecycle/index.js:301:16)
    13 verbose stack at EventEmitter.emit (events.js:180:13)
    13 verbose stack at ChildProcess. (/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/npm-lifecycle/lib/spawn.js:55:14)
    13 verbose stack at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:180:13)
    13 verbose stack at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:936:16)
    13 verbose stack at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:220:5)
    14 verbose pkgid magicmirror@2.7.1
    15 verbose cwd /home/pi/MagicMirror
    16 verbose Linux 4.14.79-v7+
    17 verbose argv “/usr/bin/node” “/usr/bin/npm” “start”
    18 verbose node v9.11.2
    19 verbose npm v6.8.0
    20 error code ELIFECYCLE
    21 error errno 1
    22 error magicmirror@2.7.1 start: sh run-start.sh
    22 error Exit status 1
    23 error Failed at the magicmirror@2.7.1 start script.
    23 error This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.
    24 verbose exit [ 1, true ]

• after you did the git pull to get the new code,
    you did the npm install in the MM folder, right?
    and in each module folder that contains a package.json file

the npm install loads binary files for the required additional features to make the code run.
    you need to update those to match

• Ah ok.
    I just did it in the modul folder and for the PIR modul, not for the rest.
    Will try this later.

• Tried it, but still the same.
    No error in the log but just the black screen.

Dont know what i can try now. Has anybod a idea?

• ok, open the developers window

ctrl-shift-i

and select the console tab, and scroll up to see any errors… usually red text

• This is not possible over a terminal programm?

The Error is back…

0|mm       | [9898:0407/121438.093751:FATAL:bus.cc(1151)] D-Bus connection was disconnected. Aborting.
    0|mm       | XDG_RUNTIME_DIR (/run/user/1000) is not owned by us (uid 0), but by uid 1000! (This could e g happen if you try to connect to a non-root PulseAudio as a root user, over the native protocol. Don't do that.)
    0|mm       | ATTENTION: default value of option force_s3tc_enable overridden by environment.
    0|mm       | npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
    0|mm       | npm ERR! errno 1
    0|mm       | npm ERR! magicmirror@2.7.1 start: `sh run-start.sh`
    0|mm       | npm ERR! Exit status 1
    0|mm       | npm ERR!
    0|mm       | npm ERR! Failed at the magicmirror@2.7.1 start script.
    0|mm       | npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.
    0|mm       |
    0|mm       | npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
    0|mm       | npm ERR!     /home/pi/.npm/_logs/2019-04-07T10_21_07_746Z-debug.log

• The black screen was my fault 😞
    I did a lil mistake. After setting up a other Pi with MMM and copying my config i had the same problem. So i was checking my config (no syntax error), and everything i could rember was, that i changed this:

var config = {
            address: "localhost",                   // Address to listen on, can be:
                                                    // - "localhost", "127.0.0.1", $
                                                    // - another specific IPv4/6 to$
                                                    // - "", "0.0.0.0", "::" to lis$
                                                    // Default, when address config$
            port: 8080,
            address: "0.0.0.0",
            ipWhitelist: [],

to this:

var config = {
            address: ["localhost", "0.0.0.0"],                  // Address to listen on, can be:
                                                    // - "localhost", "127.0.0.1", $
                                                    // - another specific IPv4/6 to$
                                                    // - "", "0.0.0.0", "::" to lis$
                                                    // Default, when address config$
            port: 8080,
            ipWhitelist: [],

And that was everything and cost me a lot of time ^^