MagicMirror² v2.4.1 is available! For more information about this release, check out this topic.
Please read the release notes carefully since this update requires adjustments to your Raspberry Pi configuration!

Black screen without error when using MM modules

• Hi all,

my rasberry pi3 magic mirror installation works fine with the standard modules.
    Although, I tried to add some custom modules, namely the cool fish of the day module & the dailyXkCD one.
    Cloning the most recent repo into the mirror folder works and is successfull. Also, I think there is no error in the config file as I do not get the “warning screen from Magic mirror” telling me that something must be wrong in the config.

However, as soon as the application launches I only see a black screen. That happend for both models. #
    At first I thought that I double placed modules on the same position on the screen but even after making sure that this is not the case I get the black screen.

The console does not give any error message.

Are such problems module related or do I miss dependencies on my pi?

Thank you all so much for this awesome project & support

TebE

• @TebE It sure sounds like there is an error in the config.js file. If you can, copy your config file and paste it here and we’ll take a look at it. Please remember to 1) remove any API keys or passwords when you paste, and 2) use the markdown features (surround it with three back-ticks) to make your config file easier to read.

• Issues have been solved: Despite the detailed description I did not place the specific module folders in the “module” folder.
    Works now.

Thanks a lot - Post can be deleted.