MagicMirror² v2.12.0 is available! For more information about this release, check out this topic.

Use the voice to select the page but...wich module??

• Hello everybody,
    in these quarantine days I am trying to tuning my Magic Mirror.
    In particular, I’m trying to understand which module is right for me to control the selection of the pages with the voice.

I am using the “MMM-Page-Selector” module and would like some advice on the module suitable for me.

I am a beginner so, after choosing the module, I would also need some advice to implement the notifications.

Can you help me?

Thank you all!

• Module Developer

@Egnos
    With MMM-Hotword, you can register your own personal voice model, then use it to emit notification for changing page.

• Project Sponsor

@Egnos I went the easy route with installing MMM-AlexaControl MMM-AlexaControl and mounting an Echo Dot behind the mirror. The major challange for me was to find a reasonable mic for speech recognition. So I gave it up and took what was already available. For changing the pages I have MMM-Pages installed.

• Thanks guys for the advises!
    Now I try to study how they work.
    I have two questions:

• Which microphone did you use (I tried to use a micro microphone but with bad results …).
      I also have a PS3 Eye but I can’t understand how to make it work. Can you help me?

• I didn’t understand how to inform another module that has to change the page or do anything else…
      For example, the link below:
      Notification
      Where should I add these notifications? In config.js?
      Can you give me an example?

Thanks for your patience.

• Project Sponsor

@Egnos MMM-AlexaControl works fine …👍🏼

• Is it necessary to have an Amazon “Echo Dot” using the “MMM” module?

Thanks.

• @Egnos u need a real echo device… the voice control comes from adding a fake device to the list of devices,
    and then the actions are sent to the module to execute

the fake device is a wemo electric plug… which only has on or off
    but the module adds multiple ‘plugs’ and gives you control of what happens…

adds a pm2 device, so you can start/stop mirror using pm2
    adds a restart device, so you can restart (on) the system
    etc…

you can add additional devices and assign custom scripts as actions

• Thanks @sdetweil, now i understand how it works.