calendar: different spaces between symbol and text when different sources used

• Hi all!

First of all thanks to Michael and his helping hands for the great magicmirror project. I really love it and I think it’s all together a technical and optical highlight!

I have some little troubles with the calendar module. It’s not a real bug - it’s more an optical and design problem:
    The first calender I added is a public Apple iCloud calendar from my account (webcal://p13-calendars.icloud.com/published/…) named "Familie"
    The second one is an iCalendar feed from the university I attend (http://portal.fh-campuswien.ac.at/calendar/feed/…) named “FH Campus Wien”

Everything is working fine and I get the correct appointments. But the iCloud calender has beginning blanks. Please take a look at the attached screenshots.

0_1486390341425_upload-7b1f47a0-b16c-449b-bead-d634412031ca

The interessting thing is, with every refresh or browser restart there are sometimes more, sometimes less blanks. I don’t know where they are comming from. They are not in the appointment created in iCloud or iPhone. I also created a second calender on iCloud, but the result is the same.

Does anyone have any ideas? What can I look for?

Please take a look at my config:
    Platform: Pi Zero
    Node Version [ 0.12.13 or later ]: 4.2.1
    MagicMirror Version [ V1 / V2-Beta ]: v2
    Browser: Chromium Version 51.0.2704.91 Built on Ubuntu 14.04, running on Raspbian 8.0

Thanks a lot!!
    Kind regards,
    Dominik

• Module Developer

I’m wondering, since the lower calender has a “full” title, is it a spacing issue?

I.e when there is a long title it is force to take up all space and when it’s a short title it gets more space?

• Hi broberg!

100 points!! - great work - you’re absolutly right!
    Thank you!!

I added an appointment with the same text - pls take a look:
    0_1486403997611_upload-7b23495a-dbd4-4e53-9659-be875ca2b366

Any idea how I can fix this? Maybe editing a css-File with “alignment-left”?

Thanks a lot!
    Kind regards,
    Dominik

• Module Developer

Try adding

.calendar .symbol {width: 20px;}
    .calender .time {width: 50px;}

To the custom.css

• Do you mean this way?

body {
     	.calendar .symbol {width: 20px;}
    	.calender .time {width: 50px;}
     }

Sadly it’s not working this way…
    Any other idea?

Thanks a lot for your time, broberg!!

Kind regards,
    Dominik

• Module Developer

@strizl no, not inside the body {}

you could try increasing the size to see a more clear effect

• Hi broberg!

Thanks again for your help!

It’s working now. It was only due to the vnc viewer connection - this caused a space or resolution error. On the TFT screen everything’s fine!
    But good to know where I can play with the CSS options…

Thanks again and kind regards,
    Dominik

Looks like your connection to MagicMirror Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.