MagicMirror² v2.4.1 is available! For more information about this release, check out this topic.
Please read the release notes carefully since this update requires adjustments to your Raspberry Pi configuration!

Mirror (2015) with PIR for the screen

• Module Developer

Hi all,
    back in early 2015 I wanted to build a one way mirror with a screen behind it that showed a website from my server. I googled around and found Michael’s MagicMirror so I just went along with this, as it was the perfect solution.

I still think this is one of the best uses for a RasbPi and this project absolutely deserved to win the award (number 1 in the MagPi Top 50).

I had developed some apps for my version, like a fuel price monitor and a football board with results and tables.

When some people asked me to set up mirrors for them I started to tinker with a small and easy backend for configuration and soon found out about MagicMirror². Now I’m here and I’ll use this new version and I’ll try to translate my apps into modules for this project.

My mirror:

alt text

alt text
    Just stome minor style changes and I added an indoor temperature sensor at the bottom of the frame (see below).

alt text
    Aral Ultimate 102 price monitor from the closest station.

PIR:

alt text
    Be careful when playing with 220V … I nearly killed myself after switching off the wrong circuit …

alt text
    On the backside.

Setup:

alt text

alt text
    The PIR is below the mirror, nearly unnoticeable. Here you can also see a DS18B20 temperature sensor.

alt text
    The inside.

I’m looking forward to setting up MM² on this setup in the next few days.

Thanks

Now this is a sexy and clean mirror. Very good job

• @doubleT very clean and simple. Love the look of it. What size monitor did you use?

• Module Developer

Thanks, guys. It’s a 27" screen.