MagicMirror² v2.4.1 is available! For more information about this release, check out this topic.
Please read the release notes carefully since this update requires adjustments to your Raspberry Pi configuration!

Change the color of the font of various modules.

• Hello guys, over the last couple of days I have been setting up a MagicMirror as a gift for my gf birthday, I already have most of the modules that I want installed, (still working on choosing an alexa module to display info like msong info, video, etc, if you know of one lmk) What I want to do right now is to have the ability to change the color of the FONT of various modules.
    For example, I want the CLOCK numbers (2:35 [23] pm) to be blue. And Tuesday, May 30, 2017 to be red (ar any other color that I choose).
    Also, the SUN in the current weather module, to be yellow, etc…

I have searched all over google, and have tried 10+ solutions, NONE have worked so far, I am now familiar with the custom.css file and can edit it, but i need the right CSS code. How can I do that, please help me!

Thanks!

• Module Developer

It’s been covered many times on this forum, Here is one thread for an example :
    https://forum.magicmirror.builders/topic/2447/css-basics/2

But here is the solution for the time and date :

blue time :

.clock .time {
    color: blue;
    }

red date:

.clock .date {
    color: red;
    }

• Thank you very much @broberg
    BUT, the “Seconds” in the clock, don’t change color, they stay grey. Do you know how to change that? I looked in the .js file, but didn’t see any variable for seconds.

Nevermid, GOT IT! THANK YOU SO MUCH! Thanks mate, so the “dateWrapper.className” are the classes? And that i what is printed in the screen, so I can change the color of them?

• @rodofrn what did you discover? I’m two days new to MM and the ‘seconds’ in the clock time confound me. Long term I’d like to reformat so seconds and am/pm are above/below each other. But that’s postponed until I learn more.

For my immediate needs I’d like to turn the seconds off. What can I add to my custom.css to turn off the seconds display in the default digital clock time?

• Module Developer

• There is kinda a cool feature here on the forum… it’s at the top right… I think they call it the Search feature… LOL People are afraid of it I think…