MagicMirror² v2.4.1 is available! For more information about this release, check out this topic.
Please read the release notes carefully since this update requires adjustments to your Raspberry Pi configuration!

first attempt .. gone wrong :)

• Hi !
    I’m just approaching to this nice project.
    So, I tried the automatic installation on my Raspberry 2 running his standard rasbian os … But it’s failing again and again
    Basically the script starts saying a lot of

warn tar ENOENT: no such file or directory, open [...]

you can find the whole code as an attachment

…basically I don’t how to solve or debug this … Could someone kindly provide some help ? Thanks!!
    [0_1515270113017_2018-01-06T19_53_09_683Z-debug.7z](Uploading 100%)

• I don’t know why I can’t upload code here … anyway, you can find it in pastebin

Did you run the installation with sudo? It’s trying to install in /root/MagicMirror and that’s wrong

• Do the manual install and don’t use SUDO… 🙂

• even executing it as root it is failing …and also manual installation it’s faling.
    maybe the reason is very simple : it’s because I’m using rasbian server version ? Should I use raspbian with desktop enviroment ?

• Not sure about the version but I would just install plain old raspbian and try it again.

• To be sure everything will work fine i would use the desktop version. Best option here is Jesse i think 🙂

Otherwise u can try this guide, cause with the lite versions of raspbian there are dependancies missing for the MagicMirror.
    The guide works fine for me using raspbian stretch lite

• ohh wow! that’s exactly what I was looking for … Thank you a lot! I will let you know if everything is ok!

• finally here’s the solution :
    as mentioned here, you should use this command for installation :

npm install --unsafe-perm=true

and now installation is succesfull!