Stop the screensaver!

• Thanks everyone for the erplies. I am still having the same issue, but doing some more testing and reading. I found this post:

In theory, just modifying the lightdm.conf should do the trick with newer versions of Raspbian Jessie Lite. I will poke around some more, hopefully i find a fix, so I can provide something back to this community.

• Hi all,

after doing this

Disable the screensaver:
    Go to LXDE-autostart config:

sudo nano /etc/xdg/lxsession/LXDE/autostart

add the following lines:

@xset s noblank
    @xset s off
    @xset -dpms

Save and close, using the commands CTRL-O and CTRL-X.

Go to lightdm.conf:

sudo nano /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf

add the following lines in section [SeatDefaults]:

xserver-command=X -s 0 -dpms

The fucking screensaver is starting again.

Then i do following:

sudo apt-get install xscreensaver
    sudo apt-get remove xscreensaver

An i never see a starting screensaver gain.

Good luck!

• So here is how I was able to fix my issue with the screen saver. I started this project following the tutorial from here:

When you get to the Disable the ScreenSaver portion of the article, instead of changing the autostart file under

You should modify the autostart file under ~/.config/lxsession/LXDE/autostart

sudo nano ~/.config/lxsession/LXDE/autostart

Comment the first 3 lines (using a #), then add the same three lines listed in the tutorial. The final autostart file after all modifications should look similar to:

#@lxpanel --profile LXDE
    #@pcmanfm --desktop --profile LXDE
    #@xscreensaver -no-splash

@xset s noblack
    @xset s off
    @xset -dpms

Once that is done, follow the instructions to modify the lightdm.conf file:

sudo nano /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf

xserver-command=X -s 0 -dpms

Save the changes, reboot your raspberry pi (I am using an RPi3), and the screen saver is gone for good. Hopefully this helps someone else having the same issue.

• @frog said in Stop the screensaver!:

There’s no need for that attitude. Please desist as this is a forum for helping people. I also had this problem so it isn’t isolated. It may not be possible to add a keyboard and mouse to the screen and use the screensaver utility.

Attitude? Oh you haven’t seen my attitude… just making a simple suggestion where there doesn’t need a case made out of it. It’s THE simplest way for NON programmers to do it…

• I realize how (super) old this topic is, but for anyone who stumbles across it and still dealing with this, xscreensaver really is the easiest solution.

sudo apt-get install xscreensaver

Just change the screen saver in there to no screen saver, and you’re sorted.

• Hey guys,

there is another option on disabling the screensaver, which worked perfectly for me.
    Just disable the screensaver in the option menu of debian.

Hope this helps someone :)

Looks like your connection to MagicMirror Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.