Posts made by aschulz90
RE: unable to get noble package running
I have tested your module (both in MM and stand-alone) and in both cases i get
"scanning was started. Everything is working fine."shown in the console (i use a RaspberryPi 2 with an USB-Bluetooth adapter).
Are you runnung MagicMirror with sudo-rights? If there is no console output, then it indicates, that the bluetooth adapter wasn’t started (no “stateChange”-event).
Is my module fully working for you? I currently can’t think of any reason it should only work in one of the both cases (except for the “version mismatch”-error).
RE: MM2 launch without internet
That is actually one of the use case i am covering with my app and BLE module:
One of the features is, that you can connect a MagicMirror to a wifi network over bluetooth.
Only downside is, that there is currently only an app for Android and not for IOS or Windows Phone (i currently have neither, so can’t develop one in the near future).
At first the app was developed only with my Bluetooth module in mind. That is, because I want to build some MagicMirrors for friends and family, but i don’t want to set them all up individually (as in connect them to their wifi by touching the RaspberryPi). And Bluetooth was the first that came to mind, to solve that issue.
One could also create a general image for RaspberryPis with a MagicMirror installation, you can just write to SD and plug in and have the software ready to go (except wifi connection). The wifi setup can be handled with the app via Bluetooth (where MMM-Remote-Control wouldn’t work yet).
I added the MMM-Remote-Control interface just for fun to the app (and because its faster, because BLE ist quite limited in bandwith). I will probably add an adapter for the MMM-Mobile module too, so users have as much options as possible, for communicating with the mirror.
And maybe someone comes up with even another option for connecting, that doesn’t rely on a wifi connection.
This is an Android App that allows you to connect to a MagicMirror and modify it. This can either be done via BLE or over Wifi.
Current release status and download link: https://github.com/aschulz90/MagicMirrorApp/releases
I will upload the app to the PlayStore, once the missing features are added.
- for BLE, you need to have the ble_app_interface module installed and your smartphone needs to have at least Bluetooth 4.0
- for Wifi, you need to have the MMM-Remote-Control module installed and you smartphone needs to be whitelisted on the MagicMirror
The modules view lists all currently used modules. But only the default modules have all their possible parameters and descriptions displayed. 3rd Party Modules only show the currently defined parameters. Missing ones need to be added manually by name and type.
I will add a description on how to add new modules to the app soon.
If you want to have your module listed like the Default Modules, feel free to create a Pull Request or an Issue (but the issue will be low priority for me) on GitHub.
This module publishes BLE services, that can be used to:
- add/remove modules
- edit modules
- edit general config values
- execute certain actions, like reboot, refresh, etc. (thanks to mmm-remote-control for this)
- connect to a wifi network
This allows every BLE-enabled device to connect to the mirror and communicate with it. Information on the published services and characteristics, and how to use them, can be found on the GitHub page.
For Installation/Usage/Requirements see the GitHub page.
Please read the installation instruction carefully!
I have tested the BLE functionality with an RaspberryPi 2 and a generic USB Bluetooth adapter (without needing any special configuration). So the module should work on a RaspberryPi 3 aswell.
I am currently developing an Android app, that uses this module and can be found here.
Persistent Config Interface
This module allows all modules to make changes to other modules, which persist through a restart of the mirror and are applied instantly (mostly).
See Github page.
- the used app is not part of this module and will be released later
- latest version of MagicMirror 2.1 is required for this module to properly work (there are some bugs in 2.0 that prevent that)
- i currently plan to add showing/hiding modules aswell, not just add/remove/change a module
- i have only tested it with the standard modules and some of my own and not all config values, more tests are always welcome!
- values that directly influence a modules node_helper shouldn’t currently apply instantly, only after a restart (i am not sure if i can solve that, every module might need to do it itself)!
- a lot of functions for dynamically adding node_helpers and client-side modules are just copied/slightly modified from the core application, because they are not publicly accessible (might change in the future)
If you find any issues or have any feature request, please post them here or open an issue at Github, thanks!