MagicMirror Forum
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Unsolved
    • Solved
    • MagicMirror² Repository
    • Documentation
    • 3rd-Party-Modules
    • Donate
    • Discord
    • Register
    • Login
    • Profile
    • Following 4
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 8
    • Posts 86
    • Groups 0
    M Offline
    1. Home
    2. manu85340
    3. Posts
    A New Chapter for MagicMirror: The Community Takes the Lead
    Read the statement by Michael Teeuw here.

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: problème youtube MMM-ISS-Live

      @KristjanESPERANTO Thanks for your reply; the link you provided actually works—thanks a lot for your help.

      posted in Troubleshooting
      M
      manu85340
    • problème youtube MMM-ISS-Live

      Hello everyone. I installed the MMM-ISS-Live module by @kristjanesperanto, but the video isn’t working; I get the following message in the YouTube window: “Video unavailable; playback on other websites has been disabled by the video owner.”
      I added these lines to my config.js file, right before modules: [:

          webPreferences: {
            webviewTag: true
          }
        },
        electronSwitches: ["enable-unsafe-swiftshader"],
      

      I should mention that I don’t have any ad blockers installed.I’ve attached a screenshot.
      I’ve had this module installed for several years—initially with @mykle1 Capture ecran youtube.JPG version, and later with @kristjanesperanto .
      It stopped working due to YouTube’s restrictions, but I saw that @kristjanesperanto has brought it back to life. Could you help me get MMM-ISS-Live working? Thanks for your help.

      posted in Troubleshooting
      M
      manu85340
    • RE: Updating my MagicMirror using @sdetweil's script.

      @sdetweil My apologies, but he didn’t tell me to “skip” it, but to execute it.
      Sorry, but the translator interpreted it that way.

      posted in Troubleshooting
      M
      manu85340
    • RE: MMM-OneCallWeather

      @KristjanESPERANTO Thanks for your reply. You’re right; I’ll open a separate forum topic or a GitHub issue for MMM-ISS-Live and include the exact player error.

      • I removed one of the units lines from my config.js.
      • Regarding the quotation marks: the ones in my config.js file are actually straight quotes; I think the copy-paste process turned them into typographic (curly) quotes.
      • And regarding the installation of:
      `sudo apt install -y libvlc-dev libvlccore-dev vlc`
      
      • Someone online recommended installing that; I was just so disappointed that the module wasn’t working.
      posted in Troubleshooting
      M
      manu85340
    • RE: MMM-OneCallWeather

      @KristjanESPERANTO I’m running into a block, just as expected. I added that to my config.js,
      ```
      language: “fr”,
      timeFormat: 24,
      units: “metric”,
      units: “kmh”,
      tempUnit: “C”,

      electronOptions: {
      webPreferences: {
        webviewTag: true
      }
      

      },
      electronSwitches: [“enable-unsafe-swiftshader”],

      modules: [
      	{
      
      
       but YouTube is still being blocked. I also ran this command—````
      sudo apt install -y libvlc-dev libvlccore-dev vlc
      ````—but without success. Can you help me? I absolutely loved this module!
      posted in Troubleshooting
      M
      manu85340
    • RE: Updating my MagicMirror using @sdetweil's script.

      @sdetweil Someone told me to skip this line and it worked.```

      cd ~/MagicMirror && npm install electron@43 --save-exact
      
      posted in Troubleshooting
      M
      manu85340
    • RE: Updating my MagicMirror using @sdetweil's script.

      @sdetweil I installed Debian Bookworm; I’m not sure if that’s what you’re asking for.

      posted in Troubleshooting
      M
      manu85340
    • RE: Updating my MagicMirror using @sdetweil's script.

      @sdetweil I just updated MM using your script and it won’t start anymore; it stays on the Raspberry Pi desktop. Please help!

      posted in Troubleshooting
      M
      manu85340
    • RE: MMM-OneCallWeather

      @KristjanESPERANTO Thanks for your reply. I’m sorry and feel a bit embarrassed—it turned out my screen resolution was the problem.
      Now I’m going to try configuring your MMM-ISS-Live module. I think it’s going to be really complicated for me; I already tried yesterday, and instead of the video, I got a monkey and an error code.

      posted in Troubleshooting
      M
      manu85340
    • MMM-OneCallWeather

      Hello everyone. I reinstalled my MagicMirror using @sdetweil l’s script—kudos to him for the work he does. However, while reinstalling my modules, I ran into an issue with the excellent OneCallWeather module by @KristjanESPERANTO: the weather icons are shaped like rugby balls, and I can’t seem to fix it. If anyone could help, I’d appreciate it. Thanks!

      posted in Troubleshooting
      M
      manu85340
    • RE: Updating my MagicMirror using @sdetweil's script.

      @sdetweil Yes, you’re right—I tried to go too fast. I’ll know for next time. Thanks again for your help.

      posted in Troubleshooting
      M
      manu85340
    • RE: Updating my MagicMirror using @sdetweil's script.

      @sdetweil Thanks Sam, I just saw your reply, and indeed I hadn’t noticed that a custom.css file had been created in config.js. Thanks for your help.

      posted in Troubleshooting
      M
      manu85340
    • RE: Updating my MagicMirror using @sdetweil's script.

      Thanks for the reply. I just reinstalled everything using your script, but I’ve run into something strange: my custom CSS file is no longer being recognized, and none of the settings inside it are taking effect. Do you know why?

      posted in Troubleshooting
      M
      manu85340
    • Updating my MagicMirror using @sdetweil's script.

      Hello, I can no longer update my MagicMirror using @sdetweil’s script; do you know why? I’m getting this message:
      "update log will be in /home/pi/MagicMirror/installers/upgrade.log
      doing test run = false

      MagicMirror version 2.28.0 (July 1 2024), will not run on OS level buster, due to system limitations

      you must upgrade to a newer release of the raspi OS at some point" Could you please help me? Thanks.

      posted in Troubleshooting
      M
      manu85340
    • RE: MMM-MyTeams-LeagueTable

      It’s a great module; I installed it about ten days ago. My only complaint is that the team tables are cut off, and you can’t see the end of the standings. The standings stop at 12 teams, and you have to scroll down to see the last teams. Apart from that, it’s a good module idea.

      posted in Sport
      M
      manu85340
    • RE: MMM-Globe: Meteosat imagery broken — fork with fix available

      @rkorell Bravo c’est super

      posted in Showcase
      M
      manu85340
    • Youtube

      Hello everyone, I need your help once again… I reinstalled my mirror using @sdetweil’s scripts, which are perfect. I reinstalled it because I had updated it 6 months ago and the mirror wouldn’t start anymore because the OS version was no longer supported. My problem is this: in the modules containing links to YouTube videos, they no longer work. I get a gray window with the following message: “This live stream recording is not available.” Do you know how to fix this? Thank you in advance for your help.

      posted in Troubleshooting
      M
      manu85340
    • RE: MMM-RUGBY

      @manu85340 said in MMM-RUGBY:

      @mumblebaj Thanks for your answer, I’ll see but you always have to pay in this world, when I look at the scores on the internet on my iPhone I don’t pay, but as soon as there is something that escapes the controls you have to pay, thanks again for your investment, if you find a solution I’m interested

      posted in Sport
      M
      manu85340
    • MMM-RUGBY

      Hi, @mumblebaj for a week now the magic mirror no longer displays the MMM-RUGBY module, do you know if this is normal? Thanks for your help

      posted in Sport
      M
      manu85340
    • RE: MMM-Rugby

      Hi @mumblebaj this morning the magic mirror no longer displays the MMM-RUGBY module, do you know if this is normal? Thanks for your help

      posted in Sport
      M
      manu85340
    • 1
    • 2
    • 3
    • 4
    • 5
    • 1 / 5