MagicMirror Forum
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Unsolved
    • Solved
    • MagicMirror² Repository
    • Documentation
    • 3rd-Party-Modules
    • Donate
    • Discord
    • Register
    • Login
    A New Chapter for MagicMirror: The Community Takes the Lead
    Read the statement by Michael Teeuw here.

    MMM-PIR-Sensor-Lite does not switch HDMI off

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Unsolved Troubleshooting
    43 Posts 7 Posters 26.0k Views 7 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • J
      JoeFranz @sdetweil
      last edited by

      @sdetweil same here https://forum.magicmirror.builders/topic/17185/pir-sensor-problem-after-restart-raspi?page=1

      S 1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • S
        sdetweil @JoeFranz
        last edited by

        @JoeFranz @Volkae this appears to be a problem related to the raspi os kernel level

        https://forums.raspberrypi.com/viewtopic.php?t=339079

        Sam

        How to add modules

        learning how to use browser developers window for css changes

        J 1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • J
          JoeFranz @sdetweil
          last edited by sdetweil

          Thanks @sdetweil for the link :-)
          It is probably due to the current firmware 5.15
          With

          rpi-update b976c54917e240630c05a9b383010f1492bc61b4
          

          I installed version 5.10. It now works again with the standby on the HDMI connection.

          Greetings Joerg

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • B
            blouzbee
            last edited by

            all these modules and all these guides you can find online all fail to tell you that at some point a kernel or driver update broke vcgencmd and tvservice commands for the newer pis or Rasberry OS. I spent so many hours making mine work.

            xrandr --output HDMI-1 --off
            
            xrandr --output HDMI-1 --auto
            

            these worked for me, maybe they’ll work for you, I dunno.

            S 1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 1
            • S
              sdetweil @blouzbee
              last edited by sdetweil

              @blouzbee cool…

              yeh tvservice went away in bullseye

              they are trying to get rid of all the old ‘raspberry pi’ unique stuff to maintain

              Sam

              How to add modules

              learning how to use browser developers window for css changes

              V 1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • V
                Volkae @sdetweil
                last edited by

                @sdetweil
                Seems that there is no way for me to swich off HDMI via PIR-Sensor :-(

                Maybe I will find a way to do this with a python-Scrip out of MagicMirror but I´m a just a beginner and it seems to be not easy…

                S 1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • S
                  sdetweil @Volkae
                  last edited by

                  @Volkae did u see @JoeFranz post about changing the OS firmware down a couple levels?

                  https://forum.magicmirror.builders/topic/17202/mmm-pir-sensor-lite-does-not-switch-hdmi-off/13?_=1662126560261

                  Sam

                  How to add modules

                  learning how to use browser developers window for css changes

                  V 1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • S sdetweil referenced this topic on
                  • V
                    Volkae @sdetweil
                    last edited by

                    @sdetweil
                    I will try to downgrade

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • G
                      grena Module Developer
                      last edited by

                      Hello all,

                      I think I have restored the compatibility of MMM-PIR-Sensor-Lite with Bullseye (lastest firmware). See issue on GitHub and more information in ReadMe

                      Can you install the testing version to confirm the resolution of this issue?

                      cd ~/MagicMirror/modules/MMM-PIR-Sensor-Lite
                      git pull
                      git checkout testing
                      

                      Thanks for your feedback!

                      V 1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • G grena referenced this topic on
                      • V
                        Volkae @grena
                        last edited by

                        @grena
                        Hey grena,
                        seems to work fine on my Raspi 3!!!
                        Thank you, great support!!!

                        V 1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 1
                        • V
                          Volkae @Volkae
                          last edited by

                          @grena
                          Oh, now another problem:
                          After switching off HDMI by MMM-PIR-Sensor-Lite the livestream-picture from MMM-RTSPStream is not in the frame when HDMI is switched on again by PIR .

                          G 1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • G
                            grena Module Developer @Volkae
                            last edited by

                            @Volkae, have you updated the module from the testing branch since your last message that it worked?

                            V 1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • V
                              Volkae @grena
                              last edited by

                              @grena
                              yes, I did but I did not run RTSPStream while running the testing branch, sorry.

                              G 1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • G
                                grena Module Developer @Volkae
                                last edited by grena

                                @Volkae said in MMM-PIR-Sensor-Lite does not switch HDMI off:

                                yes, I did but I did not run RTSPStream while running the testing branch, sorry.

                                No problem, I’ll try to reproduce this issue!

                                MMM-RTSPStream is no longer being actively developed :neutral_face:
                                So, I refer you to the advice of the author of MMM-RTSPStream to find another solution:

                                :warning: This module is no longer being actively developed. I will accept PRs and leave the repo active, but will not be directly supporting any issues. If anyone is interested in assuming ownership of the module, please contact @shbatm. :warning:

                                Why?

                                I am no longer using this module on my own mirror. After several years, I found that I use the snapshots much more frequently than I streamed the actual cameras, which can be performed by much simpler modules and methods. To enable streaming, WebRTC (like MMM-HomeAssistant-WebRTC) is a newer and better standard with much lower server overhead and latency for delivering RTSP Streams to the frontend than any of the options used here, in the future, this will be the method I focus on and I will not try to shoehorn another technology into this module.

                                G 1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • G
                                  grena Module Developer @grena
                                  last edited by

                                  :fire: MMM-PIR-Sensor-Lite 1.2 has just been released! It’s allows you to manage monitor on Debian 11 Bullseye :sign_of_the_horns_medium-light_skin_tone:

                                  Learn more in ReadMe

                                  D 1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 1
                                  • D
                                    dkhorse74 @grena
                                    last edited by

                                    @grena
                                    Hello Grena… Hoping you or someone maybe able to help. I had to rebuild my MM (using Pi4b). With regards to using a PIR sensor, I’m using a doppler sensor vs. a PIR sensor using the following build thread:

                                    https://forum.magicmirror.builders/topic/11704/update-replaced-my-pir-sensor-with-a-doppler-microwave-sensor?page=1

                                    Everything prior to rebuild worked great… The screen would go into stand-by after 2 mins and flip back on when the sensor picked up presence. The repo I had, originally, used:

                                    https://github.com/paviro/MMM-PIR-Sensor

                                    is no longer supported so I didn’t clone it. Instead, I used yours but having issues getting it to work. I can see the countdown on the screen but nothing happens. I unplugged the doppler sensor but no change. Any ideas? I’m running

                                    Debian v11
                                    MM v2.21

                                    on pi4b. Any help is greatly appreciated

                                    S 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • S
                                      sdetweil @dkhorse74
                                      last edited by

                                      @dkhorse74 another user noticed this only worked for the 1st HDMI port on the pi4.

                                      had to change the code in the node_helper.js for the second port

                                      Sam

                                      How to add modules

                                      learning how to use browser developers window for css changes

                                      D 2 Replies Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • D
                                        dkhorse74 @sdetweil
                                        last edited by

                                        @sdetweil
                                        Thank you I will try… I ran:

                                        xrandr -q

                                        which show HDMI-2 is what is currently plugged in… Will report back

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 1
                                        • D
                                          dkhorse74 @sdetweil
                                          last edited by

                                          @sdetweil
                                          that did it! Screen goes to sleep… now need to figure out how to get the doppler sensor to “wake-up” the monitor

                                          S 1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 1
                                          • S
                                            sdetweil @dkhorse74
                                            last edited by

                                            @dkhorse74 the module turns it back on… another place for the hdmi port…

                                            the sensor just signals movement, usually a high signal…

                                            the module then signals wake up and starts a time…

                                            no more high signals, then sleep…

                                            Sam

                                            How to add modules

                                            learning how to use browser developers window for css changes

                                            D 2 Replies Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 1 / 3
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Enjoying MagicMirror? Please consider a donation!
                                            MagicMirror created by Michael Teeuw.
                                            Forum managed by Sam, technical setup by Karsten.
                                            This forum is using NodeBB as its core | Contributors
                                            Contact | Privacy Policy