MagicMirror Forum
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Unsolved
    • Solved
    • MagicMirror² Repository
    • Documentation
    • 3rd-Party-Modules
    • Donate
    • Discord
    • Register
    • Login
    A New Chapter for MagicMirror: The Community Takes the Lead
    Read the statement by Michael Teeuw here.

    MMM-NFL

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Troubleshooting
    19 Posts 2 Posters 11.3k Views 2 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • Mykle1M
      Mykle1 Project Sponsor Module Developer @strawberry 3.141
      last edited by

      @strawberry-3.141

      MM shows a little white microphone in the bottom left of the screen with the word ERROR next to it

      run bash dependencies.sh in ~/MagicMirror/modules/MMM-voice/installers directory, to install all dependencies.

      This command would not work for me on the laptop so I manually installed these dependencies in the /MagicMirror/modules/MMM-voice/installers directory:
      SphinxBase :heavy_check_mark:
      PocketSphinx :heavy_check_mark:
      A microphone - I tested the microphone of the laptop and it is working. I recorded a test file. :heavy_check_mark:
      npm - already installed :heavy_check_mark:
      PocketSphinx-continuous :heavy_check_mark:
      lmtool :heavy_check_mark:

      Do I have to also install these? If so, how would I find them? Google search?

      Packages: bison libasound2-dev autoconf automake libtool python-dev swig python-pip

      microphone REQUIRED Id of microphone shown in the installer.

      I did not see and Id for the microphone.

      Create a working config
      How to add modules

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • Mykle1M
        Mykle1 Project Sponsor Module Developer @strawberry 3.141
        last edited by

        @strawberry-3.141

        This was in my terminal when I closed MM

        MMM-voice: Checking files.
        MMM-voice: Generating dictionairy and language model.
        MMM-voice: Saved words.json successfully.
        MMM-voice: Starting pocketsphinx.
        (node:1892) DeprecationWarning: Calling an asynchronous function without callbac
        k is deprecated.
        (node:1892) DeprecationWarning: Calling an asynchronous function without callbac
        k is deprecated.
        (node:1892) DeprecationWarning: Calling an asynchronous function without callbac
        k is deprecated.
        (node:1892) DeprecationWarning: Calling an asynchronous function without callbac
        k is deprecated.
        (node:1892) DeprecationWarning: Calling an asynchronous function without callbac
        k is deprecated.
        (node:1892) DeprecationWarning: Calling an asynchronous function without callbac
        k is deprecated.

        Create a working config
        How to add modules

        strawberry 3.141S 1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • strawberry 3.141S
          strawberry 3.141 Project Sponsor Module Developer @Mykle1
          last edited by

          @Mykle1 never tried to install it on a non linux system

          Please create a github issue if you need help, so I can keep track

          Mykle1M 1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • Mykle1M
            Mykle1 Project Sponsor Module Developer @strawberry 3.141
            last edited by

            @strawberry-3.141 said in MMM-NFL:

            never tried to install it on a non linux system

            Ok,then lets start off simply, if you don’t mind

            Are these part of the dependencies installed by the bash command?
            Packages: bison libasound2-dev autoconf automake libtool python-dev swig python-pip

            Create a working config
            How to add modules

            strawberry 3.141S 1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • strawberry 3.141S
              strawberry 3.141 Project Sponsor Module Developer @Mykle1
              last edited by

              @Mykle1 yes it’s the first step in the installer, when I remember correctly (half a year ago) those were needed to install pocketsphinx and sphinxbase

              Please create a github issue if you need help, so I can keep track

              Mykle1M 1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • Mykle1M
                Mykle1 Project Sponsor Module Developer @strawberry 3.141
                last edited by

                @strawberry-3.141 said in MMM-NFL:

                yes it’s the first step in the installer, when I remember correctly (half a year ago) those were needed to install pocketsphinx and sphinxbase

                Ok, then theoretically, I should be able to find and install each one individually in the /MagicMirror/modules/MMM-voice/installers directory. I will follow the order of the installations from the dependencies.sh file.

                The problem is with sudo (I think) based on this:

                [STEP 1/6] Installing Packages
                dependencies.sh: line 36: sudo: command not found
                [STEP 1/6] Installing Packages | Failed
                
                Pop@Pop-CQ57-Laptop MINGW32 ~/MagicMirror/modules/MMM-voice/installers (master)
                

                Anyway, I’ll keep trying

                Create a working config
                How to add modules

                Mykle1M 1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • Mykle1M
                  Mykle1 Project Sponsor Module Developer @Mykle1
                  last edited by

                  Oh well, I don’t think this is gonna happen. The libasound2-dev file, from what I can tell, is designed for the ALSA sound component that the Pi uses. My poor son-in-law. He doesn’t get a MMM-NFL laptop.

                  Create a working config
                  How to add modules

                  Mykle1M 1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • Mykle1M
                    Mykle1 Project Sponsor Module Developer @Mykle1
                    last edited by

                    I just chatted with cowboysdude. Apparently, he installed ubuntu on a computer and was able to get MMM-voice to work that way. I’m going to try that. Wish me luck

                    Create a working config
                    How to add modules

                    Mykle1M 1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • Mykle1M
                      Mykle1 Project Sponsor Module Developer @Mykle1
                      last edited by

                      Installed uBuntu and was able to successfully install MMM-NFL and MMM-voice and the dependencies as directed.

                      This was at the end of the dependencies installation for MMM-voice

                      [INFO] Possible Audio Devices to set in config.js
                      
                       0 [SB             ]: HDA-Intel - HDA ATI SB
                                            HDA ATI SB at 0xf0440000 irq 16
                      pop@NFL:~/MagicMirror/modules/MMM-voice/installers$ 
                      

                      Please tell me what to put in the config for Microphone

                      Create a working config
                      How to add modules

                      strawberry 3.141S 1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • strawberry 3.141S
                        strawberry 3.141 Project Sponsor Module Developer @Mykle1
                        last edited by

                        @Mykle1 try microphone: 0

                        Please create a github issue if you need help, so I can keep track

                        Mykle1M 1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • Mykle1M
                          Mykle1 Project Sponsor Module Developer @strawberry 3.141
                          last edited by

                          @strawberry-3.141 said in MMM-NFL:

                          try microphone: 0

                          Fantastic!

                          And as of this very moment, I can confirm that an old Compaq Presario CQ57 laptop, with a fresh install of uBuntu 16.04 LTS, is running MagicMirror 2 without a hitch. And, more importantly, it’s running MMM-NFL and MMM-Voice for voice control of the module. Voice control was the important factor for me as it’s the only way to access almost all of the features on MMM-NFL As a super deluxe and surprising added benefit to the whole thing, MMM-Voice recognized, and is using, the built-in microphone of the laptop.

                          Now that I have them both running on a linux machine, can I ask some more questions?

                          Is there a way to have multiple/or all Statistics windows open at the same time?

                          Anyway, thanks for the modules. Very cool!

                          Create a working config
                          How to add modules

                          strawberry 3.141S 1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • strawberry 3.141S
                            strawberry 3.141 Project Sponsor Module Developer @Mykle1
                            last edited by

                            @Mykle1 you can only show one top 5 once, but you can switch between them without needing to close the other one first

                            Please create a github issue if you need help, so I can keep track

                            Mykle1M 1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • Mykle1M
                              Mykle1 Project Sponsor Module Developer @strawberry 3.141
                              last edited by

                              @strawberry-3.141 said in MMM-NFL:

                              you can only show one top 5 once, but you can switch between them without needing to close the other one first

                              Yes, I had already discovered that by trying, and I’m happy about that.

                              Ok, next question. Is there a way to have the statistics window open in another region other than middle_center?

                              Create a working config
                              How to add modules

                              strawberry 3.141S 1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • strawberry 3.141S
                                strawberry 3.141 Project Sponsor Module Developer @Mykle1
                                last edited by

                                @Mykle1 it’s not using any region for that it basically centers on your screen checkout the css class modal https://github.com/fewieden/MMM-NFL/blob/master/MMM-NFL.css#L51-L60 which can be overwritten in the custom.css

                                Please create a github issue if you need help, so I can keep track

                                Mykle1M 1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • Mykle1M
                                  Mykle1 Project Sponsor Module Developer @strawberry 3.141
                                  last edited by

                                  @strawberry-3.141 said in MMM-NFL:

                                  it’s not using any region for that it basically centers on your screen checkout the css class modal https://github.com/fewieden/MMM-NFL/blob/master/MMM-NFL.css#L51-L60 which can be overwritten in the custom.css

                                  Ok, thank you. Will do.
                                  I’m also going to install MMM-Soccer.

                                  Create a working config
                                  How to add modules

                                  Mykle1M 1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • Mykle1M
                                    Mykle1 Project Sponsor Module Developer @Mykle1
                                    last edited by

                                    @strawberry-3-141

                                    I added MMM-Soccer to the laptop. Very nice! Voice working!
                                    I also added several sports newsfeeds to keep the sports theme of the machine.

                                    My son-in-law is going to love this

                                    Create a working config
                                    How to add modules

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0

                                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                    With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                    Register Login
                                    • 1 / 1
                                    • First post
                                      Last post
                                    Enjoying MagicMirror? Please consider a donation!
                                    MagicMirror created by Michael Teeuw.
                                    Forum managed by Sam, technical setup by Karsten.
                                    This forum is using NodeBB as its core | Contributors
                                    Contact | Privacy Policy