My Mirror

• Hello fellow mirrorbuilders.
    This is my mirror based on a 32" lcd screen.
    I have build everything from scratch.

I’m not the handiest man on earth when it comes to carpenting but after some iterations and i had a frame that the screen fits nicely in. I bought the front frame in pieces and cut them in a 45deg angle and glued it on the back frame and let it dry overnight.

For the mirror i went to a local glasstore and they cut out a piece of glass for me after my measures. I bought the mirrorfilm online and had some trouble with bubbles when i tried to apply it. After about an hour of scraping the bubbles most of them disappeared and after about 1 week all bubbles was gone.

Modules

Calendar:
    I have a calendermodule that syncs from my phone, facebook, googlecalendar and even some RSS feed of my favorite icehockeyteam :)

Forecast
    Newsfeed

I will implement a webcamera in the future with facerecognition so me and my girlfriend can have seperate profiles.

Here is the result :)

alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text

Nice build. Could you add some more information like

• why did you build it
    • what are things you might change in the future
    • things you might have “learned the hard way”

People like to see pictures, but they also like to read a story behind it :)

• Module Developer

What’s brand/model of the monitor you used? Also, where did you get the mirror itself from?

Very well done, I may try to build one that size myself.

• @AdamMoses-GitHub
    Hi!
    I used a 32tums lcd screen. But lcd makes the screen sometimes visible through the mirror so next time there will be a led screen.

Everything is built by hand even the mirror. Went to a glass shop that cut out the glass for me. Then I applied a mirror film that I bought online. Also the frame is built from scratch.

I’am writing down the whole process and will update the post shortly for more information :)

• @lofgren said in My Mirror:

I’am writing down the whole process and will update the post shortly for more information

Yes, like @yawns, I like the story as much as the pictures. I am particularly impressed that you dealt with all that film. Job well done! :thumbsup:

• @Mykle1 Hi could you post the link to the film vendor?ty

• @dvbit

@lofgren used film on this mirror. I never used film so I can’t recommend any vendors to you. Perhaps someone else will. I think most people are using acrylic mirrors or glass mirrors. Glass mirrors are best, acrylic mirrors come next, and then film. Again, I’ve never used film but I understand it is a lot more work and perhaps difficult to manage, as well.

Do a search right here in the forum for “what kind of mirror to use” and you should find plenty of advice

Looks like your connection to MagicMirror Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.