[MMM-RTSPStream] - Video Streaming from Live Feeds & Security Cameras

• @bill22
    In the config part add

rotateStreams: true,
    rotateStreamTimeout: 60,

and add 2 or more streams (stream1 and stream2).

• Silly question - is there a way within the RTSP protocal to detect when the camera detects motion, so you can trigger something? What I was thinking is to flash the screen background if the camera sees motion…

Thanks!

• Is there a way to hide the play/pause button? I’m not using a mouse on my mirror so it’s useless. Also, i’s creating its own separate gigantic white box that doesn’t line up with my actual video stream (which I have to force its position using moduleOffset).

• The white box is easy to get rid of:

In ~/MagicMirror/css/custom.css

/* This removes the white border around the RTSP feed(s). */
    .MMM-RTSPStream .innerWrapper {
      border: 0;
    }

As far as the play button, I’ve never seen it, so I don’t know how to get rid of it, I don’t use keyboard or mouse on my mirror.

FYI, other css that might be useful:

/* This shrinks the left and right regions so that RTSPStream don't overlap. */
    .region.right .module-content,
    .region.left .module-content {
      min-width: 450px;
      max-width: 450px;
    }

– B

• @BKeyport That worked to remove the white box, thanks!

I’m still struggling with getting the module to just show where I want it. I don’t know why it doesn’t just listen to “position” like every other module where I can tell them all to be top_right and they’d all line up in the appropriate order. I’m fighting with moduleOffset entering random numbers to see if I can find a decent spot, but it still overlaps, causes indentation, and is just a mess. Then often times the module will just disappear after being on screen for a couple minutes.

• Odd - I’m having no problem moving it around - although, if you’re using OMXPlayer, it’s overlaying on top of the screen, it won’t play nice with other modules in the same position…

• Hello, I’m Peter,
    when I add RTSTStream to my MagicMirror, I have a little problem with RTSPStream module.

When display is in normal mode on 27’ screen, everything is ok, picture from Cam is good, normal dimensions etc
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/czoZvwryGmqfJRDg6

But when in /boot/config.txt in rpi3 the display_rotation=1, picture form cam is cut like on screen.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/VRycUb7zMw9LQVxh6

Someone could help me with this problem?

Many thanks to You All
    Peter

• @osnapus

Try using the GL driver to rotate…
    https://github.com/michmich/magicmirror/wiki/configuring-the-raspberry-pi#enable-the-open-gl-driver-to-decrease-electrons-cpu-usage

I’ll post my config.txt and autostart settings tonight, don’t have access to them right now.

• Is it possible to define a stream for playing a local file (e.g. .mp4 or .avi)?

• works with

{
    			module: "MMM-RTSPStream",
    			position: "middle_center",
    			config: {
    				autoStart			: true,
    				rotateStreams		: false,
    				rotateStreamTimeout	: 30,
    				moduleWidth			: 354,
    				moduleHeight		: 240,
    				localPlayer			: 'omxplayer',
    				shutdownDelay		: 0,

stream1: {
    						name: 'Test Stream',
    						url: 'file:///home/pi/MagicMirror/modules/MMM-RTSPStream/Videos/Feuer.mp4',
    					},
    				}
    		},

but no sound !

in bash console works with: omxplayer -o alsa Feuer.mp4
    How to set hdmi sound as default ?