MagicMirror² v2.8.0 is available! For more information about this release, check out this topic.

[MMM-RTSPStream] - Video Streaming from Live Feeds & Security Cameras

• @bill22

Hi,

I used this Sunday to setup a second Pi, whilst watching F1.
    Used a new SD, installed Debian Buster and Magic Mirror v2.8.0.

After I made sure I did not have any errors after rebooting, restarting MM, etc, I setup MMM-RTSPStream.
    It now works for Bucks Bunny, my IP cam and my SAT receiver.
    I can even rotate 2 SAT channels.

I also tested the little fix with --audio_queue 4and that works to (although I cannot check audio, as I have no speaker).

It does not say that this method will work for you (my RTSP was dead as a dodo), but it could be something to consider.
    I will play a bit with single quotes, double quotes, etc, as that is a potential problem in your URL.

And it still leaves the issue with selecting a channel at will, through a trigger.

• @evroom

Hi and sorry for the late response.

Sounds pretty good and promising!

How do you “rotate” your SAT channels? Does it change based on time (after x seconds)?
    For me it could be good enough to have a few channels to change, of course better to select from a small list.

• @bill22
    In the config part add

rotateStreams: true,
    rotateStreamTimeout: 60,

and add 2 or more streams (stream1 and stream2).

• Silly question - is there a way within the RTSP protocal to detect when the camera detects motion, so you can trigger something? What I was thinking is to flash the screen background if the camera sees motion…

Thanks!