MagicMirror Forum
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Unsolved
    • Solved
    • MagicMirror² Repository
    • Documentation
    • 3rd-Party-Modules
    • Donate
    • Discord
    • Register
    • Login
    A New Chapter for MagicMirror: The Community Takes the Lead
    Read the statement by Michael Teeuw here.

    Weatherforecast Wunderground module question

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Development
    17 Posts 7 Posters 15.3k Views 5 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • RedNaxR
      RedNax Module Developer
      last edited by

      For me it’s the availability of local weatherstations (@ a location close to me). OpenWeatherMap’s closest match to my location is > 10km away.
      Also there’s an extreme amount of data available. Language settings which will provide texts (as in the pic above) in your local language…
      Also (i understand) it’s used a lot in domotica systems.

      Plus i thought it’d be fun to try :D

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • MichMichM
        MichMich
        last edited by

        Interesting. Don’t know how much time you want to spent on building it, but is would be awesome if you can change the current weather modules in a way a user can configure the weather source. So make it configurable.

        If you’re able to make a good stable solution for it (and built it in a way we can add other feeds as well), we could update the core modules.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 1
        • KirAsh4K
          KirAsh4 Moderator
          last edited by

          I’m actually working on my own WUnderground module as well. I like them also for finding a closest station, but also because for some dumb reason, OpenWeatherMap is often REALLY wrong when it comes to the current conditions. The forecast is fairly accurate, but many times it would say it’s 20-30 degrees cooler than it actually is in the current conditions. It’s the same thing when I look on their web site too, so I know it’s not the module messing up. It’s whatever they are using for data collecting, it’s horribly wrong.

          A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 2
          • D
            desq
            last edited by

            I´m also a heavy user of wunderground and appreciate such a Modul.
            (So I could use, indirectly, the weather station of my neighbor.

            M 1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • M
              mattlugar @desq
              last edited by

              I’m modifying for wunderground now too. I’m finding openweathermap horribly wrong sometimes (today they say showers here and every other forecast system says sun).

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • M
                mattlugar
                last edited by

                I’ve modified the existing weatherforecast module to utilize weather underground… I’m utilizing the weather underground default icons for now. Not sure if it is something of interest for me to modularize or not?

                alt text

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • pugslyP
                  pugsly
                  last edited by

                  yes, very interested. Please if it wouldn’t be too much trouble, a module would be great, including the colors.

                  M 1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • M
                    mattlugar
                    last edited by

                    I just finished getting it all coded up. The colors are simply css modifications (I can post how I did that in the README). About to grab some dinner then I’ll finish documentation and figure out how to set it up on GitHub.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • M
                      mattlugar @pugsly
                      last edited by

                      Posted!!! Let me know what you think.

                      link text

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • cowboysdudeC
                        cowboysdude Module Developer
                        last edited by cowboysdude

                        This is awesome. I’ve installed added the info to the modules directory, adjusted the config.js and defaultmodules.js but it just sits and says “Loading…” and never loads.

                        I have api key and my info is loaded as NY/Elmira and I’ve also tried NY/Pine_City

                        Did I miss something here?

                        OH by the way this module is truly awesome!! Great job! Thank you

                        cowboysdudeC 1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • cowboysdudeC
                          cowboysdude Module Developer @cowboysdude
                          last edited by

                          @cowboysdude said in Weatherforecast Wunderground module question:

                          This is awesome. I’ve installed added the info to the modules directory, adjusted the config.js and defaultmodules.js but it just sits and says “Loading…” and never loads.

                          I have api key and my info is loaded as NY/Elmira and I’ve also tried NY/Pine_City

                          Did I miss something here?

                          OH by the way this module is truly awesome!! Great job! Thank you

                          UPDATE I found the issue… wrong api key… It’s working GREAT now!!!

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • KirAsh4K
                            KirAsh4 Moderator
                            last edited by

                            There shouldn’t be any reason to edit 'defaultmodules.js', that’s only specific to the default modules that MM comes with. Any modules that you install does not go in the default folder, but simply in MagicMirror/modules/<module_name> …

                            A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

                            cowboysdudeC 1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 1
                            • cowboysdudeC
                              cowboysdude Module Developer @KirAsh4
                              last edited by

                              @KirAsh4 Ok got it!! Thank you!!! :)

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0

                              Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                              Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                              With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                              Register Login
                              • 1 / 1
                              • First post
                                Last post
                              Enjoying MagicMirror? Please consider a donation!
                              MagicMirror created by Michael Teeuw.
                              Forum managed by Sam, technical setup by Karsten.
                              This forum is using NodeBB as its core | Contributors
                              Contact | Privacy Policy