[MMM-Remote-Control](v2-dev) Extensible REST API, Dynamic Menus, and Socket Communications, plus other updates

• @Cr4z33 said in [MMM-Remote-Control](v2-dev) Extensible REST API, Dynamic Menus, and Socket Communications, plus other updates:

@mohace huh?
    I don’t have those menu’s entries at all.
    Are you using a custom version of the module or? 😕

Not at all. You can see same pic in shbatm second post, after the first one you replyed.

@shbatm said in [MMM-Remote-Control](v2-dev) Extensible REST API, Dynamic Menus, and Socket Communications, plus other updates:

Additional Features Added:

• Dynamic Module Control menu – uses the new API to create a Module Control menu on the remote page to control other modules via notifications.
    • Custom Menu – ability to specify your own custom menu items from a file (for advanced users)
    • Use PM2 API to control restarts/stops of MM. Can also support starting/stopping other PM2 scripts by passing processName: “scriptToUse” in the query payload.

Example Dynamic Menu for MMM-Carousel w/ Navigation

0_1546390145459_ModuleMenuExample.png

It seems that you need activate some features in modules to show them in this menu. But I don’t know what needs Newsfeed, for to have active his entry.

• @mohace Oh yes you are correct I forgot that we can have custom entries indeed.

Well in my case Newsfeed is showing up by default without having to enable manually something. 🤷🏻♂

• I don’t have these entries
    0_1554502270121_ea6c5d60-a038-4613-848e-24ad1fc604fa-image.png

reinstalled twice the module without luck.

when i first installed this module the entries was there .

my config.js

{
          module: 'MMM-Remote-Control',
          position: 'bottom_left',
          config: {
            customCommand: {},
            customMenu: 'custom_menu.json',
            showModuleApiMenu: true,
            apiKey: ''
          }
        },

• Project Sponsor

Any idea why my remote control looks like this? It’s lacking the right buttons etc…0_1557623899958_MM.PNG

• I need to add some custom commands to control MMM-RTSPStream streams like if they were tv channel buttons, but I am not skilled enough to understand the interested readme section. 😅

@shbatm could you please help me adding one stream button (as example for all the others to add)?

All I need is to run a combo of ‘RTSP-STOP all’ first (I am using OMXplayer therefore I prefer to kill any running stream first) and ‘RTSP-PLAY streamX’ immediately after.

• Project Sponsor

When I press Restart MagicMirror it doesn’t restart…if I hit Refresh Browser the browser refreshes. Any idea why Restart MagicMirror command doesn’t work? Running latest updates on all platforms.

• Project Sponsor Module Developer

@swvalenti Yeah, same here. Would really like to find an answer for this…

• @Cr4z33 said in [MMM-Remote-Control](v2-dev) Extensible REST API, Dynamic Menus, and Socket Communications, plus other updates:

I need to add some custom commands to control MMM-RTSPStream streams like if they were tv channel buttons, but I am not skilled enough to understand the interested readme section. 😅

@shbatm could you please help me adding one stream button (as example for all the others to add)?

All I need is to run a combo of ‘RTSP-STOP all’ first (I am using OMXplayer therefore I prefer to kill any running stream first) and ‘RTSP-PLAY streamX’ immediately after.

@shbatm you there mate please? 😇

I need to add some custom commands to control MMM-RTSPStream streams like if they were tv channel buttons, but I am not skilled enough to understand the interested readme section. 😅

It looks like @shbatm is not following this forum since many months.

Therefore @bolish or someone else could you please post your custom menu entries code so that I can better figure out how to enter that MMM-RTSPStream code?

The related README section didn’t make so much sense to me. 🤷🏽♂

• Using Raspberry Pi Zero W with latest version of Buster. MM2 working . used command in first post to install MMM-RemoteControl. Used Master Branch and not Dev. Module directory created sucessfully. Edited config.js with appropriate entries. I dont have anything displaying on screen besides the clock and Holidays .

Its supposed to display the default webpage in the center of the screen. I dont see that . Just black in that area.

Here is the config.js

code_tvar config = {
    	address: "localhost", // Address to listen on, can be:
    	                      // - "localhost", "127.0.0.1", "::1" to listen on loopback interface
    	                      // - another specific IPv4/6 to listen on a specific interface
    	                      // - "", "0.0.0.0", "::" to listen on any interface
    	                      // Default, when address config is left out, is "localhost"
    	port: 8080,
    	ipWhitelist: ["127.0.0.1", "::ffff:127.0.0.1", "::1"], // Set [] to allow all IP addresses
    	                                                       // or add a specific IPv4 of 192.168.1.5 :
    	                                                       // ["127.0.0.1", "::ffff:127.0.0.1", "::1", "::ffff:192.168.1.5"],
    	                                                       // or IPv4 range of 192.168.3.0 --> 192.168.3.15 use CIDR format :
    	                                                       // ["127.0.0.1", "::ffff:127.0.0.1", "::1", "::ffff:192.168.3.0/28"],

language: "en",
    	timeFormat: 12,	
    	units: "imperial",
    	// serverOnly:  true/false/"local" ,
    			     // local for armv6l processors, default 
    			     //   starts serveronly and then starts chrome browser
    			     // false, default for all  NON-armv6l devices
    			     // true, force serveronly mode, because you want to.. no UI on this device

modules: [
    		 {
            		module: 'MMM-Remote-Control',
            		// uncomment the following line to show the URL of the remote control on the mirror
            		// position: 'bottom_left',
            		// you can hide this module afterwards from the remote control itself
                		apiKey: '56cab4b5d5e24cfea8c436ac591d722c'
            	}
        		},

{
    			module: "alert",
    		},
    		{
    			module: "updatenotification",
    			position: "top_bar"
    		},
    		{
    			module: "clock",
    			position: "top_left"
    		},
    		{
    			module: "calendar",
    			header: "US Holidays",
    			position: "top_left",
    				calendars: [
    					{
    						symbol: "calendar-check",
    						url: "webcal://www.calendarlabs.com/ical-calendar/ics/76/US_Holidays.ics"					}
    				]
    		}
    		},

]

};

/*************** DO NOT EDIT THE LINE BELOW ***************/
    if (typeof module !== "undefined") {module.exports = config;}

ext