Setting up a MagicMirror² on a Raspberry Pi isn’t too difficult using the installer script from @sdetweil . The more difficult part is selecting which modules to install and then configuring them.
I’m not a command line guru, so the hopping back and forth between the config, modules and css directory feels like a lot of work. So to ease the stress on my keyboard, I created a .bash_aliases file with some useful aliases. These aliases make my life easier, and I hope for you as well.
Currently I’m using the following aliases:
- cdMM => change to the MagicMirror directory
- cdMMC => change to the config directory
- cdMMM => change to the modules directory
- cdMMS => change to the css directory
- viMMC => open the config.js in vi
- edMMC => open the config.js in leafpad via X forwarding.
My .bash_aliases file can be found on github: https://github.com/MoreLinuxDev/MagicMirror-bash-aliases
I hope I setup the repository correctly as this is my first one on github.