Big landscape mirror with two displays
In 2015 I build a MagicMirror in a IKEA TOFTBYN mirror and I just recently refreshed its software. And while documenting it I thought why not share the build here, even if its a bit older, but it runs stable for 5 years now, enjoy.
If you want more details and a step by step installation guide for only MagicMirror on lightweight raspbian lite and only X for display manager, you can find it here:
The mirror also has the option to add 1 to 2 more 24 inch displays in the middle, think I will upgrade soon for more display space
@monkeyking very cool… thanks for a great post!
so beautiful !
@monkeyking Do you mind putting out there your list of modules that you’re using?
@Wenike : sure, I use on the left side:
- standard MMM clock and date
- standard MMM calendar with our google cal link
- 3rd party MMM-Fuel (shows fuel stations / cost around me)
- 3rd party MMM-portscan (shows online/offline ports of my servers)
- 3rd party MMM-soccer (soccer scores)
on the right side its:
- standard MMM weather with forecast 5 days
- 3rd party MMM-AVStock (display current stock prices)
- 3rd party MMM-PublicTransportHafas (display my two closest bus stops and its line schedule)
- 3rd party MMM-EveryNews (news portal)
Do Ikea Toftbyn has spyglass mounted from manufacturer or you just
used the frame of Toftbyn?
pretty sure Ikea doesn’t have two way mirror…gotta do that part yourself