MagicMirror² v2.12.0 is available! For more information about this release, check out this topic.

Location ID

• I am running the PI3 and I have set up all other aspects of the mirror as well as my API for the weather. My screen still shows that I am showing “Weather forecast New York, US”. Does this mean my API is wrong or am I not finding the code in any of the files that displays this?
    0_1549463301240_smart.PNG

Thanks,

Don

• show us your config for the weather

• Module Developer

@soccer19 Have you altered the location attribute in your config.js for that module? I’m sure that’s all it is. Just change location: “New York” to the name of your city.

• in the config.js or the weather.js>?

• Project Sponsor Module Developer

@soccer19 said in Location ID:

in the config.js or the weather.js>?

In the config.js for your weatherforecast entry. If you have a header set with a location you would have to change that as well

{
    		module: "weatherforecast",
    		position: "top_right",	// This can be any of the regions.
    		config: {
    			locationID: "Your location ID", // Your Location ID from http://openweathermap.org/help/city_list.txt
    			appid: "Your API Key" //openweathermap.org API key.
    		}
    	},

It is not recommended that you change anything in the module.js files

• @Mykle1 said in Location ID:

@soccer19 said in Location ID:

in the config.js or the weather.js>?

In the config.js for your weatherforecast entry. If you have a header set with a location you would have to change that as well

{
    		module: "weatherforecast",
    		position: "top_right",	// This can be any of the regions.
    		config: {
    			locationID: "Your location ID", // Your Location ID from http://openweathermap.org/help/city_list.txt
    			appid: "Your API Key" //openweathermap.org API key.
    		}
    	},

It is not recommended that you change anything in the module.js files

• I have pasted in google photos code mirror still working I add in next album I’d (“New Mirror” ,)
    It’s not working any help . I tried it with out the brackets still not working.