FYI, in a healthy state, my Pi runs at 66 degrees. With the misconfigured GL drivers, it reaches 85 degrees. So 63 is perfectly fine.
Creator of the MagicMirror!
Posts made by MichMich
RE: V2.4.0 Update
[2.4.1] - 2018-07-04
- Fix weather parsing issue #13188.8.131.52
RE: Weather forecast only displays 'invalid date'
Ive just merged the fix by @jannekalliola into the develop branch which should solve this issue: https://github.com/MichMich/MagicMirror/pull/1341
Can you guys please test this develop branch? If this solves the issue, I’ll release an intermediate 2.4.1 release.
To tryout the develop branch, use the following git command on your terminal (from within the MagicMirror folder):
git checkout develop git pull
Thanks for testing!
RE: [A Fix] The "Feels" Weather Condition in Metric is calculated improperly
I just released a new master release. So this should be fixed.
MagicMirror² V2.4.0 was just released.
Please read the release notes carefully since this update requires adjustments to your Raspberry Pi configuration!
[2.4.0] - 2018-07-01
️ Warning: This release includes an updated version of Electron. This requires a Raspberry Pi configuration change to allow the best performance and prevent the CPU from overheating. Please read the information on the MagicMirror Wiki.
️ Note: This update uses new dependencies. Please update using the following command:
git pull && npm install
- Enabled translation of feelsLike for module currentweather
- Added support for on-going calendar events
- Added scroll up in fullscreen newsfeed article view
- Changed fullscreen newsfeed width from 100% to 100vw (better results)
- Added option to calendar module that colors only the symbol instead of the whole line
- Added option for new display format in the calendar module with date headers with times/events below.
- Ability to fetch compliments from a remote server
- Add regex filtering to calendar module
- Customize classes for table
- Added option to newsfeed module to only log error parsing a news article if enabled
- Add update translations for Português Brasileiro
- Upgrade to Electron 2.0.0.
- Remove yarn-or-npm which breaks production builds.
- Invoke module suspend even if no dom content. #1308
- Fixed issue where wind chill could not be displayed in Fahrenheit. #1247
- Fixed issues where a module crashes when it tries to dismiss a non existing alert. #1240
- In default module currentWeather/currentWeather.js line 296, 300, self.config.animationSpeed can not be found because the notificationReceived function does not have “self” variable.
- Fixed browser-side code to work on the Midori browser.
- Fixed issue where heat index was reporting incorrect values in Celsius and Fahrenheit. #1263
- Fixed weatherforecast to use dt_txt field instead of dt to handle timezones better
- Newsfeed now remembers to show the description when
"ARTICLE_LESS_DETAILS"is called if the user wants to always show the description. #1282
clientonly/*.jsis now linted, and one linting error is fixed
- Fix issue #1196 by changing underscore to hyphen in locale id, in align with momentjs.
- Fixed issue where heat index and wind chill were reporting incorrect values in Kelvin. #1263
- Updated Italian translation
- Updated German translation
- Updated Dutch translation
RE: Electron CPU usage
I added some info about the Open GL driver to the Wiki:
RE: Electron CPU usage
@cdelaorden I think you’ve found the issue! Awesome work!
For others please note that when you start raspi-config and go to “Advanced Options” > “GL Driver”, the top one will always be selected, no matter which one is active. After selecting one of the two top drivers (GL), it might solve the hi CPU load issue …
It solved it on a clean installed Pi 3 for me.
RE: updating without losing settings in config, and js files?
Just curious, why would you modify any file other than the