Your help is needed! Looking for new moderators!
As some of you might have noticed, the forum is flooded with spambots. To ensure the quality of the forum, we are in definite need of a few great new Moderators!
Being a moderator on the forum is a great way to support the MagicMirror² community and project. It’s voluntarily based, but your help will be extremely appreciated.
The moderator job:
- Deleting spam messages and blocking spamming users
- Adding Markdown code highlighting to posts which don’t yet use it, as well as a note instructing the post author to do so themselves next time
- Making sure new topics are in the right category
- Splitting up topics if new questions get posted that have nothing to do with the original topic
- Improving topic titles to clearly and on point state what the topic is about
- Cleaning up the Showcase category: People needing help / having problems should be splitted into a new post in the troubleshooting category
- Watching over the community and making sure everyone plays nice with all the others
- Trying to help in general
- New stuff you come up with, you are part of our team so feel free to suggest your wishes
Requirements for the job:
- You should know the MagicMirror framework well. Ideally but not mandatory, you have already committed some changes to the core project
- You enjoy and have fun helping other people
- You should be (almost) fluent in English
- If you are interested, write a short text why you’d love to be a moderator, as well as telling us a bit about yourself and post it in this topic!
We are looking forward to hear from you guys!
I volunteer, since this forum is on my daily browsing routin (on slow days checkin more than one time a day) I think I can clean up spam quite quickly.
I’d love to be of help here since the MM currently consumes around 95% of my free time and, well,
I just can’t get enough
Also, I 'd love to be of help to the project and the forum where possible. And I am truly fascinated every time I’m here that this forum seems to be one of the last places of sanity and respect on the internet.
However, do you plan to have a maximum amount of mods?
Since I know some people here are more active than me, I would step aside if too many are volunteering.
I’ll be glad to help
Thanks all for your reactions! Let’s wait a few days to see the responses. I’ll get in touch with you asap.
I’d love to moderate, just to control the spam, if nothing else. I’m good at helping other people, able to help with most issues with config and css, able to leap small searches with a single bound… ya know, the usual.
Requirements for the job:
You should know the MagicMirror framework well. Ideally but not mandatory, you have already committed some changes to the core project
You enjoy and have fun helping other people
You should be (almost) fluent in English
If you are interested, write a short text why you’d love to be a moderator, as well as telling us a bit about yourself and post it in this topic!
I’m not asking for the position but I would like to vote for @sdetweil. He already surpasses all the requirements. Talk about being overqualified. No one deserves it more than him. He already helps everyone.
buzzkc last edited by
Hi, I’m Darren. I’m pretty new to MagicMirror, but am spending a lot of time on the forum trying to learn more about the project and learn to develop modules. I just posted up my first module (MMM-Smartthings). I also do administration for a woodworking forum (familywoodworking.org) so can offer some experience as to what we’ve done to mitigate spam. I’m happy to help out if you need me.