MMM-PIR-Sensor - White Screen

• Hi Guys,

first kudos to all of you. The Magic Mirror is great. However, I have a problem with the module of the PIR sensor. I installed the mirror with the standard modules and it worked right away.

Now I have integrated the PIR sensor module according to the instructions. When I start the mirror,I see only a completely white screen.

What am I doing wrong or what can be wrong.

If I do not write the module in the config.js, the mirror works again without problems.

Thanks and best regards
    HanSolo

• Module Developer

On my tv simply issuing

tvservice -p 

wouldn’t work as it does on my monitor/mirror resulting in a white screen. Adding

fbset -depth 8 
    fbset -g 1920 1080 1920 1080  16 

solved it for me…

If you start the magic mirror with “npm start” in the console, do you see any error messages?

• Same issue with me … Any solutions guys ???

Zam

• @yawns Evan npm start same white screen … Any idea ??

• @zam start with npm start dev and report if there is an error or in the terminal

• @strawberry-3.141

Loading config ...
    Loading module helpers ...
    No helper found for module: alert.
    WARNING! Could not load config file. Starting with default configuration. Error found: Error: Module version mismatch. Expected 49, got 48.
    Loading module helpers ...
    No helper found for module: alert.
    App threw an error during load
    Error: Module version mismatch. Expected 49, got 48.
        at Error (native)
        at process.module.(anonymous function) [as dlopen] (ELECTRON_ASAR.js:167:20)
        at Object.Module._extensions..node (module.js:568:18)
        at Object.module.(anonymous function) [as .node] (ELECTRON_ASAR.js:167:20)
        at Module.load (module.js:458:32)
        at tryModuleLoad (module.js:417:12)
        at Function.Module._load (module.js:409:3)
        at Module.require (module.js:468:17)
        at require (internal/module.js:20:19)
        at Object. (/home/pi/MagicMirror/modules/MMM-PIR-Sensor/node_modules/wiring-pi/lib/exports.js:1:97)
    Whoops! There was an uncaught exception...
    Error: Module version mismatch. Expected 49, got 48.
        at Error (native)
        at process.module.(anonymous function) [as dlopen] (ELECTRON_ASAR.js:167:20)
        at Object.Module._extensions..node (module.js:568:18)
        at Object.module.(anonymous function) [as .node] (ELECTRON_ASAR.js:167:20)
        at Module.load (module.js:458:32)
        at tryModuleLoad (module.js:417:12)
        at Function.Module._load (module.js:409:3)
        at Module.require (module.js:468:17)
        at require (internal/module.js:20:19)
        at Object. (/home/pi/MagicMirror/modules/MMM-PIR-Sensor/node_modules/wiring-pi/lib/exports.js:1:97)
    MagicMirror will not quit, but it might be a good idea to check why this happened. Maybe no internet connection?
    If you think this really is an issue, please open an issue on GitHub: https://github.com/MichMich/MagicMirror/issues
    Launching application.

Note from admin: Please use Markdown on code snippets for easier reading!

• Module Developer

which version is the latest running with this PIR sensor?

• @Bangee doesn’t matter anymore paviro exchanged the wiring-pi library to onoff

Looks like your connection to MagicMirror Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.