I just wanted to share a Monitor I find pretty amazing to use with my magic mirror.
The BenQ GC2870 has 28" and 1920x1080. It is a VA Display and should have an amazing quality. I am only writing this because this display can be stripped down to the bezel it self and the controller board as well as power supply can be easily separated. In case some of you are looking for a nice monitor. I ordered it from amazon for just 160€.
Stripped down picture:
- the bezel has a depth of around 12mm and if you plan to use the casing for the power supply and control board it has a depth of 45mm
- Automotive Pry (Screwdriver flat should work)
- BenQ GC2870H
That is all you need.
To strip down:
- Take the monitor and start inserting the pry or screwdriver between the edges, it will pop open like this
- do this all around all edges, it is incredibly easy and takes at most 5 minutes
- take out the bezel
- remove the silver aluminum tape holding the power supply and control board
- unplug the LVDS connector
- unplug the backlight connector the circle shows VLED for the backlight
- The bezel used is a M280HKJ-L50. I found an innolux datasheet for the -L30 and according to this, these are the control lines for the backlight:
- unplug the connector for the buttons
- now the bezel should be completely separate
- beware not to touch where it says “DO NOT TOUCH” as the control lines for the bezel are attached to the screen:
- you can now remove the control board and, if you want the power supply beware: residue voltage might be in the capacitors, so dont touch soldering points. It might be wise to leave the power supply in and the paper protection attached
(Source: innolux Panel_CHIMEI_INNOLUX_M280HKJ-L30_0_[DS].pdf)