MagicMirror² v2.4.1 is available! For more information about this release, check out this topic.
Please read the release notes carefully since this update requires adjustments to your Raspberry Pi configuration!

Possible to enable mouse cursor on screen?

• Hi, I’m planning to create a module to display a image carousel. The will be a left button on the left side of the screen and a right button on the right side of the screen. When a user clicks the left or right button, a new image is displayed in the center of the screen.

The final version will most likely be touch enabled, but until then I would like to test out the button click events using a mouse for the time being. However the mouse/cursor seems disabled whenever I load the magic mirror. Is there anyway I can enable the mouse while using the magic mirror?

• That’s funny because I came here looking for the same thing… I’m hoping there is!

• Admin

It is disabled via CSS I am not sure on which element html or body so adding something like the following to the custom css file should work:

body {
    cursor:default;
    }

• Module Developer

As paviro said, the cursor is hidden as default, and to make stuff clickable you have to change the z-index of region-fullscreen to 0 (the fullscreen div is over everyrhing and blocks links and on click events.)

• Thanks @paviro

See I knew there’d be a way 😉