1st Project: Hallway Notice Board with Integrated Smart Mirror

• For a while I’ve wanted to make my own mirror and decided to integrate it into a hallway notice board next to the front door.
    One of my aims was to try and keep the frame quite low profile, I re-purposed my old Sony Vaio laptop LCD. Set about designing and making the frame.

0_1494948156652_Frame 01.JPG

I decided to make the frame out of Oak.
    0_1494947923988_Frame s01.jpg

The software side of things was nice and simple, good to learn some programming along the way to personalise. Just running a few modules at the moment. Will add some more on a timed schedule.
    I like the MMM-Todoist Module, I use that to send my mirror messages from wherever I am as reminders.

Here is the finished Mirror
    On the left the is the mirror. I made this myself with glass and mirror vinyl. on the right is a matt grey vinyl on glass with a metal sheet behind for use with the wooden magnets I made to match the frame. I can use liquid chalk markers for notes on the glass.
    0_1494948468382_Frame s02.jpg

0_1494949293435_Frame s03.jpg

Overusing the masking tape a little.
    0_1494949352314_Frame s04.jpg

Next job is to hang it on the wall and hide the wires powering the mirror.
    0_1494949359204_Frames s05.jpg

@joela85
    Beautiful frame, well done.

• @joela85

Yes, nicely done. :thumbsup_tone1:

• Module Developer

Very nicely done!! :)

• Wow. Excellent woodworking skills there. Good idea in both concept & execution.

• Module Developer

Looking great! Nice work!

• Thank you. :)
    I like the idea that it can be finished but you can always update or tweak the software/appearance stuff remotely.

Looks like your connection to MagicMirror Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.