[Remote-Control] Shutdown, Configure and Update your MagicMirror

Description:

This module for the Magic Mirror² allows you to quickly shutdown your mirror through a web browser. The website should work fine on any device (desktop, smart phone, tablet, …). Additionally you can hide and show modules on your mirror, send alerts and do more cool stuff in the future.

Screenshots:

The Main Menu The Power Menu Hide and Show a Module

Download:

FAQ:

Can not access the remote website (and the MagicMirror in general) at all (MagicMirror Version > 2.1.3)

Possible solution: Change address in config

White screen issues (after updating)?

Possible solution: Run npm install

Error: Cannot GET /remote.html

Possible solution: [MMM-Remote-Control] Can not access remote control module

“This device is not allowed to access your mirror. Please check your config.js or config.js.sample to change this.”

Solution: ipWhitelist HowTo

Changelog

[1.1.4] - 2017-09-17

Added

• Dutch translation
    • Updating a module tries to install dependencies with npm install
    • Module identifier is shown if a module is locked with lock strings
    • Confirmation dialog before restart and shutdown

Fixed

• Internal save file format and mistakenly hiding modules which were hidden by other modules
    • Restart should work for new installations

Changed

• German translation for power menu changed from “Ausschalten” to “Energieoptionen”

[1.1.3] - 2017-04-23

Added

• Portuguese translation
    • Indonesian translation
    • Support for iOS Icon and Webapp

Changed

• Installation no longer needs a temporary file

Fixed

[1.1.2] - 2017-02-01

Note: Since version 1.1.0 this module uses (new) dependencies, check the Updating section in the README.md.

Added

• Swedish translation

Changed

Fixed

• Issues with not applying shown and hidden status correctly to modules
    • Issues where lockstrings were missing
    • Modules sometimes did not show correctly in the UI as hidden or shown:
      • This is due to a bug in Magic Mirror²
      • PR #659 to fix this was made in the project, will be released in the next version

[1.1.0] - 2017-01-26

Added

• First version of installer script
    • Menu to send Alerts and/or Notifications to your mirror
    • Menu to update your MagicMirror installation and your modules (through git pull)
    • Menu to change the config.js
      • Modules can be installed, added, removed, configured
      • There will be backups of the five last versions of the config.js in the config folder
      • Some of these parts are hidden behind an “exprimental” warning, do not ignore that warning
    • NOTIFICATION action, see README.md for details

Changed

• Menu structure
      • Old “Edit” and “Settings” are now under “Edit view”
    • Smaller font sizes in lists

Fixed

• Issues coming from disabled modules since MM version 2.1.0

[1.0.0] - 2016-10-24

Added

• Changelog
    • New buttons in user interface
      • Hide/show all modules
      • Link to MagicMirror² homepage
      • Option to adapt brightness (making the mirror brighter than 100% can be limited to certain modules)
    • Contributing hints
    • Internal versioning of saved config (current version: 1)
    • Added action MODULE_DATA to return module data in JSON format

Changed

• Internal timeout for commands increased from 5 to 8 seconds
    • Symbols for display on and off
    • Internal changes in preparation for Magic Mirror version 2.1.0

• @Jopyth I think this is a really cool module! Thank you!

[EDIT: Nevermind… Wrong thread and I didn’t restart. Works great!]

@rvdgeer Glad you like it. :)

By the way I am also looking for new ideas, if anyone wants to a do a certain thing via this interface, I would happy to add it, if it is possible.

• Really nice. I used a physical Button to shutdown the pi before, but this is much more easier. Thank you for creating this cool module ;)

• This is awesome. No more commenting modules out when I do not need them. This is way more convenient.

• Ideas:
    Perhaps ablity to turn off HDMI ‘sleep’, then maybe also can turn down and up brightness aka CSS white color.

• @Jopyth It would be great to be able to disable a module on startup, so you can enable it later with the remote control. Or even better: have a ‘save settings’ option on the remote control, so you can make the disabled modules stick after a reboot/reload.

@Mr.Meeseeks You mean like with a PIR sensor? Fiddling with CSS would be possible I think, I will look into that.

@rvdgeer good idea I wanted something similar like this too.

• @Jopyth said in MMM-Remote-Control:

@rvdgeer Glad you like it. :)

By the way I am also looking for new ideas, if anyone wants to a do a certain thing via this interface, I would happy to add it, if it is possible.

How about the ability to send a message to display on the mirror? It would be funny if someone was standing in front of it and it said Hi and their name LOL Just throwing it out there…

@cowboysdude, evil, just pure evil.

Unsuspecting friend visits, friend goes to bathroom, you whip out phone and “text” the mirror … friend comes running out screaming.

Looks like your connection to MagicMirror Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.