MagicMirror Forum
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Unsolved
    • Solved
    • MagicMirror² Repository
    • Documentation
    • 3rd-Party-Modules
    • Donate
    • Discord
    • Register
    • Login
    A New Chapter for MagicMirror: The Community Takes the Lead
    Read the statement by Michael Teeuw here.

    [Remote-Control] Shutdown, Configure and Update your MagicMirror

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved System
    274 Posts 78 Posters 953.0k Views 77 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • S
      slickric @Jopyth
      last edited by slickric

      @Jopyth #facepalm as expected it was me that was the problem. Got the below errors in console which made me realise immediately that for some rediculous reason I changed the name of the folder from “MMM-Remote-Control” to just “remote”. Obviously it couldn’t find the CSS and js files because I changed the folder :/ renamed and all working perfectly. Great work with the module and massive thanks for the help! alt text

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 1
      • J
        Jopyth Moderator
        last edited by

        New version, please let me know if you find any bugs:

        [1.0.0] - 2016-10-24

        Added

        • Changelog
        • New buttons in user interface
          • Hide/show all modules
          • Link to MagicMirror² homepage
          • Option to adapt brightness (making the mirror brighter than 100% can be limited to certain modules)
        • Contributing hints
        • Internal versioning of saved config (current version: 1)
        • Added action MODULE_DATA to return module data in JSON format

        Changed

        • Internal timeout for commands increased from 5 to 8 seconds
        • Symbols for display on and off
        • Internal changes in preparation for Magic Mirror version 2.1.0

        Helpful sticky: How to troubleshoot

        P R 2 Replies Last reply
        Reply Quote 3
        • P
          Pbaan93 @Jopyth
          last edited by Pbaan93

          @Jopyth That is really fast! Nice! Cool improvements ;)

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • P
            Pbaan93
            last edited by

            @Jopyth Nice update, tested it and it works like a charm.

            You have shown me more ideas :P …
            Is it possible to set position? Than we will almost have full controll!

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 1
            • G
              gismo2006
              last edited by

              @Jopyth Don’t worry, no more questions. ;-) I like only to say thank you :-)

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 1
              • R
                rvdgeer @Jopyth
                last edited by

                @Jopyth Thank you for the great update.
                I see you have implemented some of my suggestions, which makes me very happy.

                I still hope to see this evolve into a config GUI some day…

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 1
                • J
                  Jopyth Moderator
                  last edited by Jopyth

                  @rvdgeer This is the next big thing on my ToDo list. I don’t know when I will finish this though. If anyone has ideas on the workflow and the UI and how they would like to see and change the config in the UI, feel free to post here.

                  Helpful sticky: How to troubleshoot

                  R 1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 1
                  • R
                    rvdgeer @Jopyth
                    last edited by rvdgeer

                    @Jopyth Sounds great!

                    If you want the all-in-one package:
                    I could imagine you need to be able crawl and index all installed modules and openup their modulename.js files to be able to determine what configurable parameters it has.
                    That way it should be possible to vreate buttons in the remote to add an installed module from a list and add and edit the parameters.

                    This might need a change in the core structure, because it would be nice to know what parameters per module are availble and what the possible values are…
                    (Like what’s posted on most of the modules github pages.)

                    And how about an option to drag and drop the order of the modules.

                    Another (slimmed down) way to go would be to just look at the current config and make al parameters editable in a form. Maybe create an option to add a new parameter and it’s value. The users should know the name and possible values for the parameter.

                    In the future you could even dream about an option to ‘git pull’ a module to update it from the gui. Or to ‘npm install’ the depencies. And maybe even download and install new modules that are availble online…
                    But that’s just me dreaming…

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • M
                      Mr.Meeseeks
                      last edited by

                      @Jopyth I’ve added on mine ability to refresh browser, update mm and modules, and send alerts. I’ll probably work on installing and configuring modules next.
                      I’ll push merge soon

                      CAAAAN DOO!👍

                      J 2 Replies Last reply
                      Reply Quote 1
                      • J
                        Jopyth Moderator @Mr.Meeseeks
                        last edited by

                        @Mr.Meeseeks Nice!

                        Helpful sticky: How to troubleshoot

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • P
                          plumcraft
                          last edited by

                          @Mr-Meeseeks

                          Looking forward your updates.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • J
                            Jopyth Moderator @Mr.Meeseeks
                            last edited by

                            @Mr.Meeseeks Also if you think you are at a stage where we can work together, feel free to make the pull request early, and I will have a look and see if I can help.

                            Otherwise I will concentrate on other stuff, which you have not already implemented.

                            Helpful sticky: How to troubleshoot

                            J 1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • cowboysdudeC
                              cowboysdude Module Developer
                              last edited by

                              Yeah but if you make the changes to the config.js it takes all the fun out learning for people who really want to… I’m not programmer and this would be WAY above my head but I do enjoy tinkering with things… I realize that in the end a total package would push the mirror into more people’s lap though… progress and this would be just a natural progression of things.

                              You guys that do this stuff are truly amazing and those of us who can’t Thank you!

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • M
                                Mr.Meeseeks
                                last edited by

                                It’s the MAGIC MIRRORS TO THE MASSES MOVEMENT!! M⁴!

                                CAAAAN DOO!👍

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • J
                                  Jopyth Moderator
                                  last edited by Jopyth

                                  Work in progress:

                                  0_1477935144412_optimised.gif

                                  Config is not yet saved and adding a new module is not yet supported, but the rest is mostly ready.

                                  Helpful sticky: How to troubleshoot

                                  R 1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 10
                                  • P
                                    PaulB
                                    last edited by

                                    @Jopyth

                                    This is an awesome module. Thanks for creating :)

                                    I tried to download it via “sudo apt-get install https://github.com/Jopyth/MMM-Remote-Control”
                                    but nevertheless I get the following notice:

                                    E: Unable to locate package https
                                    E: Couldn’t find any package by regex ‘https://github.com/Jopyth’

                                    I hope you have a tip, how I can solve this :)

                                    Kind regards,
                                    Paul

                                    strawberry 3.141S 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • strawberry 3.141S
                                      strawberry 3.141 Project Sponsor Module Developer @PaulB
                                      last edited by strawberry 3.141

                                      @PaulB as the install instruction says git clone https://github.com/Jopyth/MMM-Remote-Control.git

                                      https://github.com/Jopyth/MMM-Remote-Control#installation

                                      Please create a github issue if you need help, so I can keep track

                                      P 1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 4
                                      • P
                                        PaulB @strawberry 3.141
                                        last edited by

                                        @strawberry-3.141 as always… thanks a lot :)

                                        If you still have the nerves to answer just one more question :) I would like to how to use the html web script.
                                        I ve searched the IP-Adress but nether the local IP nor the IP4 would work.

                                        Do you have a betting guess which I should use?

                                        Thanks a lot!

                                        strawberry 3.141S 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • strawberry 3.141S
                                          strawberry 3.141 Project Sponsor Module Developer @PaulB
                                          last edited by

                                          @PaulB by default you should be able to access the remote by

                                          http://raspberrypi:8080/remote.html
                                          

                                          or run ifconfig to research your ip

                                          then access it via

                                          http://ip:8080/remote.html
                                          

                                          Please create a github issue if you need help, so I can keep track

                                          J 1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • J
                                            Jopyth Moderator @strawberry 3.141
                                            last edited by Jopyth

                                            @PaulB In addtition to what @strawberry-3.141 wrote, you can also set a position in the config, and it should display the URL on the mirror, for example like this:

                                            {
                                                module: 'MMM-Remote-Control',
                                                header: 'Remote Control',
                                                position: 'bottom_right'
                                            },
                                            

                                            Helpful sticky: How to troubleshoot

                                            D 1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 4
                                            • 5
                                            • 6
                                            • 13
                                            • 14
                                            • 4 / 14
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Enjoying MagicMirror? Please consider a donation!
                                            MagicMirror created by Michael Teeuw.
                                            Forum managed by Sam, technical setup by Karsten.
                                            This forum is using NodeBB as its core | Contributors
                                            Contact | Privacy Policy