MagicMirror Forum
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Unsolved
    • Solved
    • MagicMirror² Repository
    • Documentation
    • 3rd-Party-Modules
    • Donate
    • Discord
    • Register
    • Login
    A New Chapter for MagicMirror: The Community Takes the Lead
    Read the statement by Michael Teeuw here.

    MMM-Globe

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Utilities
    119 Posts 39 Posters 239.8k Views 40 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • binderthB
      binderth
      last edited by

      so great coming home from skiing and everything is already fixed and commited! Thanks, guys!
      looks awesome!

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • B
        Burner911
        last edited by

        This is awesome! Any chance of a view with North America centric? @LukeCodewalker

        schlachtkreuzer6S 1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • schlachtkreuzer6S
          schlachtkreuzer6 @Burner911
          last edited by

          @Burner911 if you find some image source :D

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • lolobyteL
            lolobyte
            last edited by

            Here are some needful sources

            http://earthdirectory.net/gsat
            http://goes.gsfc.nasa.gov/

            SvenSommerS 1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • SvenSommerS
              SvenSommer @lolobyte
              last edited by

              @lolobyte
              Thank you for the links.
              For central america I found the following source the most usefull. Unfortunately it’s only available in high resulution.
              http://goes.gsfc.nasa.gov/goescolor/goeseast/overview2/color_lrg/latestfull.jpg
              alt text

              Has anybody found more usefull sources by now?

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 1
              • B
                Burner911
                last edited by

                @SvenSommer That is the exact image I found as well. Any chance we could make this work @LukeCodewalker?

                LukeCodewalkerL SvenSommerS 2 Replies Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • in_a_daysI
                  in_a_days
                  last edited by

                  Hopefully we’ll have a new feed from GOES-16 soon as well!

                  http://gizmodo.com/the-most-advanced-weather-satellite-yet-just-dropped-it-1791527000

                  What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 1
                  • LukeCodewalkerL
                    LukeCodewalker Module Developer @Burner911
                    last edited by

                    @Burner911 sure :) should be straight forward. I you know how to do it feel free to make a pull request. If not I can have a look at the weekend if I find some time.

                    B 1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • SvenSommerS
                      SvenSommer @Burner911
                      last edited by

                      This post is deleted!
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • B
                        Burner911 @LukeCodewalker
                        last edited by

                        @LukeCodewalker Thank you for helping out! I’m still stumbling along with the code, but if you have time to add the new http://goes.gsfc.nasa.gov/goescolor/goeseast/overview2/color_lrg/latestfull.jpg image this weekend that would be awesome.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • SvenSommerS
                          SvenSommer
                          last edited by

                          @LukeCodewalker, @Burner911
                          I just integrated the ‘centralAmericaDiscNat’ option and made a pull request.

                          B 1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 1
                          • B
                            Burner911 @SvenSommer
                            last edited by

                            @SvenSommer You’re fast! Thank you!

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • R
                              Renfield
                              last edited by

                              @LukeCodewalker
                              First, thanks for the great module!

                              I’m having an issue with the module when I specify ‘ownImagePath’. The image is retrieved and displayed properly but does not update. I’ve tried several different external image sources with the same result.

                              Is it possible that there’s a caching issue?

                              Thanks,
                              Renfield

                              LukeCodewalkerL 1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • LukeCodewalkerL
                                LukeCodewalker Module Developer @Renfield
                                last edited by

                                @Renfield the module does only update the pre-defined satellite images. I did not implement that for own images. But that could be changed quickly. Do you think you can do that on your own or do you need help?

                                B D 2 Replies Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • R
                                  Renfield
                                  last edited by

                                  I’m new to javascript but that’s what I thought I saw in the code (that the user images were purely static). I tried appending
                                  ?+ new Date().getTime();
                                  to the image pull but probably due to an error on my part still couldn’t get the user-defined images to force a refresh on each update to the DOM. I’m in the early stages of learning javascript so it’s still a bit frustrating at times.

                                  If you could add the fresh image retrieval functionality for user images to a future update that would be much appreciated but there’s no hurry. Should I put a “formal” request in the Requests forum?

                                  Thanks,
                                  Renfield

                                  D 1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote -1
                                  • C
                                    chrisfoerg @lolobyte
                                    last edited by

                                    @lolobyte it’s in German, maybe is this better :-) https://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/NASA-Satellit-GOES-16-Erste-beeindruckende-Fotos-der-Erde-3607307.html?wt_mc=rss.ho.beitrag.atom&hg=1&hgi=0&hgf=false

                                    schlachtkreuzer6S binderthB 2 Replies Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • schlachtkreuzer6S
                                      schlachtkreuzer6 @chrisfoerg
                                      last edited by

                                      @chrisfoerg Niiiiiiiiiice!!!

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • binderthB
                                        binderth @chrisfoerg
                                        last edited by

                                        @chrisfoerg Looks great! but if I understand it correctly, there’s no live-feed at the moment?

                                        schlachtkreuzer6S 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • schlachtkreuzer6S
                                          schlachtkreuzer6 @binderth
                                          last edited by

                                          @binderth jep, they are testing the stuff and so on

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 1
                                          • B
                                            BatterseaBridge @LukeCodewalker
                                            last edited by

                                            @LukeCodewalker

                                            Love this module! Thank you. I’d also like to have ‘ownimagepath’ updated regularly. I’m also a JS newbie and have no idea where to start. The image I’m using is: https://www.nnvl.noaa.gov/images/FDC-latest.png

                                            Thanks!

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 1

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 4
                                            • 5
                                            • 6
                                            • 3 / 6
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Enjoying MagicMirror? Please consider a donation!
                                            MagicMirror created by Michael Teeuw.
                                            Forum managed by Sam, technical setup by Karsten.
                                            This forum is using NodeBB as its core | Contributors
                                            Contact | Privacy Policy