55" LED TV Cr4z33 Mirror
Cr4z33 last edited by Cr4z33
So after 14 days I was FINALLY able to find a volunteer strong enough to help me hanging this 30 kg 55" smart mirror to the bathroom wall!
The frame is made by beechwood (all the cutting and moulding was made by a carpenter) with specific measures to perfectly contain the LED TV.
The glass has been glued to the frame by using a very special glue called Soudal Fix All High Tack.
Keep it in mind if you want to make a borderless smart mirror as it is very effective.
List of parts:
- Raspberry Pi 3 B+
- 55" Samsung LED TV UE55NU7170
- Beech strips
- Pilkington MirroView glass
- 15W SEBSON Mirror Light LED
- Poly Pool pp2522.2 Spaziozero Socket Rack
- BTicino S3610D/F Connector Adaptor for P 30 and Pin 10 Amp with Lightning Protection
- USB microphone Andoer (I made a hole at the bottom in the center of the frame to fit it)
- 2 x GedoTec Cabinet hanger Cabinet suspension invisible Upper cabinet Buoyancy 130 kg Steel zinc plated for Press-in operation (find in the link also the leftside hanger)
- A bunch of very good & handy WAGO 221-413 ELECTRICAL WIRE BLOCK CONNECTOR STRIP
- A generic 4000K LED strip all around the frame to improve room light
List of 3rd-party modules:
Some other pics of my mirror:
Special thanks go to (again) @spitzlbergerj , @Sean (especially for custom voice command needs and for initial modules setup), @shbatm for struggling at trying to help me fixing bugs and (my bad) mistakes done by myself (), @evroom and whoever else I forgot to mention (sorry!).
Feel free to ask here, but give me time to answer because I have a quite busy life.
SketchUp file for the frame:
DæmonEyes last edited by
@cr4z33 That looks gorgeous! What was the total cost for the full project?
Also could you post some pics to show the side profile of your mirror when it is up?
@dæmoneyes I got the TV for free from Samsung because of a promotion.
Everything else is almost all stuff I was already having apart from the hangers and other minor things.
Let’s say that if I had to buy everything from scratch it would have costed about 600-700 EUR?
Side view is where the LED strip is.
Tell me if you want to see it anyway.
sdetweil last edited by
@cr4z33 what is the glass? very nice… I have a 50in that I want to do similarly…
@sdetweil it’s all written in the OP.
That looks amazing. Nice job on the glass and making it look clean! How thick is the frame of the wood (how much does it stick from the wall) And love seeing it in Italian… complimenti !
It’s 6 cm deep.
The TV wasn’t that thick, but I wanted to leave 3-4 cm more for room to fit all the stuff behind.
ganget last edited by
@Cr4z33 Looks really clean, I really like the border less glass. Seems like it’s a high quality mirror you used there! Job well done!
That is CRAAAAZY! Nice work man!
@michmich no thanks to you instead!
if it wasn’t for you all this would NEVER have happened.