MagicMirror Forum
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Unsolved
    • Solved
    • MagicMirror² Repository
    • Documentation
    • 3rd-Party-Modules
    • Donate
    • Discord
    • Register
    • Login
    A New Chapter for MagicMirror: The Community Takes the Lead
    Read the statement by Michael Teeuw here.

    MMM-Globe

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Utilities
    119 Posts 39 Posters 239.8k Views 40 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • R
      Renfield
      last edited by

      I’m new to javascript but that’s what I thought I saw in the code (that the user images were purely static). I tried appending
      ?+ new Date().getTime();
      to the image pull but probably due to an error on my part still couldn’t get the user-defined images to force a refresh on each update to the DOM. I’m in the early stages of learning javascript so it’s still a bit frustrating at times.

      If you could add the fresh image retrieval functionality for user images to a future update that would be much appreciated but there’s no hurry. Should I put a “formal” request in the Requests forum?

      Thanks,
      Renfield

      D 1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote -1
      • C
        chrisfoerg @lolobyte
        last edited by

        @lolobyte it’s in German, maybe is this better :-) https://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/NASA-Satellit-GOES-16-Erste-beeindruckende-Fotos-der-Erde-3607307.html?wt_mc=rss.ho.beitrag.atom&hg=1&hgi=0&hgf=false

        schlachtkreuzer6S binderthB 2 Replies Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • schlachtkreuzer6S
          schlachtkreuzer6 @chrisfoerg
          last edited by

          @chrisfoerg Niiiiiiiiiice!!!

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • binderthB
            binderth @chrisfoerg
            last edited by

            @chrisfoerg Looks great! but if I understand it correctly, there’s no live-feed at the moment?

            schlachtkreuzer6S 1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • schlachtkreuzer6S
              schlachtkreuzer6 @binderth
              last edited by

              @binderth jep, they are testing the stuff and so on

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 1
              • B
                BatterseaBridge @LukeCodewalker
                last edited by

                @LukeCodewalker

                Love this module! Thank you. I’d also like to have ‘ownimagepath’ updated regularly. I’m also a JS newbie and have no idea where to start. The image I’m using is: https://www.nnvl.noaa.gov/images/FDC-latest.png

                Thanks!

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 1
                • FlatPepsiF
                  FlatPepsi
                  last edited by

                  I will pile on the request for updating custom URL images. I’ve been going crazy trying to figure out why it doesn’t update – and now I know. :)

                  The default North America image is a synthetic one, with real cloud cover overlaid on a static daylight earth. Nighttime is just as bright as daytime, for example. I wanted to use an image accurately showing the day/night divider moving across the globe. The best one I could find is here:

                  http://www.goes.noaa.gov/goesfull.html

                  On that page the “GOES East Visible” is exactly what I want, but sadly it’s in black-and-white. I’d love to have a color version of that. I may have to wait for that new satellite (Geos 16?) start publishing data.

                  B 1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • B
                    BatterseaBridge @FlatPepsi
                    last edited by

                    @FlatPepsi

                    Would this North American image work for you? https://www.nnvl.noaa.gov/images/FDC-latest.png

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • D
                      daikaiju @Renfield
                      last edited by

                      @Renfield Did you find out how to update the code for this? I’m looking to refresh my image as well.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • D
                        Desertswing
                        last edited by

                        Hey all i got a problem with my Globe…

                        error: Unable to append to .git/logs/refs/remotes/origin/develop: Permission denied
                        From https://github.com/MichMich/MagicMirror
                        ! a6485b6…88a01d3 develop -> origin/develop (unable to update local ref)

                        error: cannot open .git/FETCH_HEAD: Permission denied

                        what am i doing wrong ??

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • D
                          daikaiju @LukeCodewalker
                          last edited by

                          @LukeCodewalker Can you tell us how to use our own images in your module?

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • SvenSommerS
                            SvenSommer
                            last edited by

                            I just found this source here and thought about this module.
                            http://earth.nullschool.net/

                            Looking for some building inspiration?
                            Check out my large, thin and metal framed mirror on robstechlog.com.

                            Modules released:
                            MMM-GoogleAnalytics
                            MMM-GrafanaChart
                            MMM-GrafanaGauges

                            cowboysdudeC 1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 2
                            • cowboysdudeC
                              cowboysdude Module Developer @SvenSommer
                              last edited by

                              @SvenSommer WOW I really like that!!!

                              iMAGiCI 1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • iMAGiCI
                                iMAGiC @cowboysdude
                                last edited by

                                @cowboysdude can it shows on pi 3, I’ve tried it in iFrame, but seems color and performance not enough. http://earth.nullschool.net/

                                Choice * Judgment * Values

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • iMAGiCI
                                  iMAGiC
                                  last edited by

                                  Hi all,
                                  sometimes picture “geoColor” will missing or not keep update, after check the link. the link sometimes block for access, and you will get link broken message.
                                  0_1504673840086_globelink.png

                                  so now, I’ve modified the link, use high resolution to instead, so far is ok, but it need more time when it is loading.

                                  just for your reference.

                                  this.imageUrls = {
                                  			'geoColor': 'http://rammb.cira.colostate.edu/ramsdis/online/images/latest_hi_res/himawari-8/full_disk_ahi_true_color.jpg',
                                  

                                  Choice * Judgment * Values

                                  PimagicalP 1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • V
                                    Vauxdvihl
                                    last edited by

                                    Sorry for the question
                                    But is there a view for europe available / configurable?
                                    Thanks

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • Z
                                      zzaidi148 @LukeCodewalker
                                      last edited by

                                      @LukeCodewalker Really nice module its just that I cant see it on my magicmirror. Config boots up and everything looks fine its just that the image doesn’t come up. I tried putting it center and middle center but didnt work. Any ideas?

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • D
                                        dasb00ter
                                        last edited by dasb00ter

                                        So if u read the read me it basically tells you how to set the region!
                                        Also help!
                                        This module loads and displays but the globe does NOT update for me. I’ve left the update config settings to default. If I restart the mirror the image does update. Also if somebody knows of a north American image that can be used please let me know although I would be just happy to get an updating globe.

                                        Thanks for your time

                                        @Vauxdvihl said in MMM-Globe:

                                        Sorry for the question
                                        But is there a view for europe available / configurable?
                                        Thanks

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • PimagicalP
                                          Pimagical @iMAGiC
                                          last edited by

                                          @iMAGiC to many requests will cause a ip block, keep it default

                                          dasbooterD 1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • dasbooterD
                                            dasbooter @Pimagical
                                            last edited by

                                            @Pimagical said in MMM-Globe:

                                            @iMAGiC to many requests will cause a ip block, keep it default

                                            I’ve tried default config for time and then after a few days tried an extended time in the config. Same issue. I can post my config but I’m confident it does not exceed the time limitations of the sources. I’m wondering if it is a caching issue like in the iframe reloaded module that wouldn’t refresh until I added some lines that I found in this forum

                                            PimagicalP 1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 4
                                            • 5
                                            • 6
                                            • 3 / 6
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Enjoying MagicMirror? Please consider a donation!
                                            MagicMirror created by Michael Teeuw.
                                            Forum managed by Sam, technical setup by Karsten.
                                            This forum is using NodeBB as its core | Contributors
                                            Contact | Privacy Policy