I think this could be one of alternatives;
It has features simple voice commands in itself. You can use this standalone or Waker for MMM-AssistantMk2 (I haven’t tried but I have a will to help you)
there are a lot of (heavy) gpu performance issues with display_rotate or xrandr since electron (MM2). It seems like the fps drops from 30fps to 5fps after the rotation. CPU stays the same. Checked that with nmon. I tested a lot of boards (raspberry 2, 3, 3+, Tinker Board, odroid) ,a lot of OS (raspbian, tinker os, xubuntu, lubuntu) and some configurations (OpenGL, amount of modules, electron versions, …). Still the same; more or less.
As I can see, there is an display object in electron which can handle an rotate option. Does anybody have experience in it? Or perhaps another solution for rotating?
I’m curious about the answers ;).
@sean said in Magic Mirror ServerOnly:
I updated my MMM-Tools for voice warning alert. But currently I have not conviction for usefulness of asking system stats by voice. Because… They are always being shown in the screen. So I drop that feature in this update.
Fantastic mate!! Will definetely try it tomorrow!! Thank you for your tremendous job!! Just out of curiosity, if i ask MM what’s the cpu temp, will the assistant speak the value? Will give you a feedback tomorrow! Again, a great thank you! You rock mate
EDIT - Just checked the part where you said that you doubt the usefulness. In my case, a multiple deploy scenario i guess, dont know if it’s feasible yet. Like asking to client 1 whats the server 1 CPU temp or something like that.
@hein-jan Thanks for sending your reply! I saw that in the set-up instructions as well, but for some reason, I couldn’t get xrandr to rotate the display. I was curious if we needed the GL Driver at all, but based on recent comments in this thread, it seems that others don’t. I commented the Driver out and things seem to be working fine now. Thanks again!
I have experienced this problem for several months now and tried every hint I got from the forum. Nothing helped. After setting up the Raspberry from scratch with the new Version 2.6.0 the problem still exists. I checked the logs and got this from kernel.log:
Jan 6 19:06:04 MagicMirror kernel: [421204.079652] Unhandled prefetch abort: breakpoint debug exception (0x002) at 0x01bfc760
Jan 7 14:46:41 MagicMirror kernel: [492041.343276] Unhandled prefetch abort: breakpoint debug exception (0x002) at 0x01bfc760
Jan 8 07:00:54 MagicMirror kernel: [550494.589589] Unhandled prefetch abort: breakpoint debug exception (0x002) at 0x01bfc760
Jan 8 15:35:51 MagicMirror kernel: [581391.726824] Unhandled prefetch abort: breakpoint debug exception (0x002) at 0x01bfc760
Jan 9 10:45:05 MagicMirror kernel: [650346.316032] Unhandled prefetch abort: breakpoint debug exception (0x002) at 0x01bfc760
Jan 10 15:22:19 MagicMirror kernel: [753380.953024] Unhandled prefetch abort: breakpoint debug exception (0x002) at 0x01bfc760
Jan 12 05:15:03 MagicMirror kernel: [889746.479924] Unhandled prefetch abort: breakpoint debug exception (0x002) at 0x01bfc760
Jan 12 21:06:09 MagicMirror kernel: [946812.909084] Unhandled prefetch abort: breakpoint debug exception (0x002) at 0x01bfc760
It looks to me like a bug in MagicMirror. Should I make a bug report with the log?
@hrjmsh did you do anything special to get xrandr to rotate your display for your vertical setup? I disabled fmks and reverted to full kms (dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d), but couldn’t get the screen to rotate.
If you have any insight or advice, it’s greatly appreciated
@madmike Perhaps slow loading time due to heavy weather conditions in Norway atmo
No, seriously - it always loads immediately here, dunno what you’re doing “wrong”. After a restart of the mirror, is it loading at normal speed?
@australo @mlhote – I’ve been working with @evroom in the main MMM-RTSPStream thread, but saw this and wanted to let you both know the module has been updated on the develop branch, and should be working with omxplayer and the OpenGL Fake KMS driver, as well as with the new hardware-accelerated VLC on the most recent version of Raspbian.
Just to follow up on this, it appears that the issue had something to do with interaction between MMM-Carousel and MMM-iFrame-Ping. The form worked fine with the iFrame module displayed on its own, the issue only presented when it was part of a slide within MMM-Carousel. I have switch my mirror around to use MMM-OnscreenMenu instead and the form behaves as expected now.